Plano PD - good

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
age_ranger
Posts in topic: 3

Plano PD - good

Post by age_ranger »

Stopped for expired inspection (I honestly thought I had done it for some reason, but apparently not) Anyway, pulled over, hand him my DL and CHL and inform him "I'm not carrying" and he says "Ok, you're not carrying......" One warning later and I'm on my way. Quick, plain and simple......painless too. Officer was kind, courteous and its a nice day with the birds chirping. Dropped off van and picked up my POV and now I'm armed to the teeth. I hate company policies that restrict my right to carry. :banghead:

:woohoo

http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Plano PD - good

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Is there a Plano Police officer that you don't know? "rlol"
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:Is there a Plano Police officer that you don't know? "rlol"
I would be willing to be no on that question. "rlol"
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

:lol:

Once upon a time, this summer, I was in new Chinese restaurant in Plano. Couple Plano PD officers walked in to eat a lunch. Once I was done with my meal, I approached them and started inquiring about CHL and the new castle law modification as per carrying in car with no CHL. The officer equated a car with place of living like your home and meant that you can only carry in RV while traveling with no CHL, but not your commute car . This is not accurate, as per penal code you can keep aa concealed handgun in your vehicle of transportation with no CHL.

If I am wrong, please some lawyer correct me.

We just hope that ALL PD officers in TX gets a refreshing course about the CHL penal laws in the penal code.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Beiruty wrote::lol:

Once upon a time, this summer, I was in new Chinese restaurant in Plano. Couple Plano PD officers walked in to eat a lunch. Once I was done with my meal, I approached them and started inquiring about CHL and the new castle law modification as per carrying in car with no CHL. The officer equated a car with place of living like your home and meant that you can only carry in RV while traveling with no CHL, but not your commute car . This is not accurate, as per penal code you can keep aa concealed handgun in your vehicle of transportation with no CHL.

If I am wrong, please some lawyer correct me.

We just hope that ALL PD officers in TX gets a refreshing course about the CHL penal laws in the penal code.

Not a lawyer, but both of you were "Plano" wrong. ;-)

The Castle Doctrine/Law has nothing to do with vehicle carry (sans CHL), I think you are referring to the "Motorist Protection Act" HB 1815. This is a common mistake (just wanted to clear that up).

The officer was simply incorrect, both your vehicle (under your control) and an RV qualify as forms of transportation that you may carry in.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Whew.....I am glad you didn't produce one of your Italian firearms....you might have offended someone and ended up with a hefty fine. :coolgleamA:

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Wildscar wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:Is there a Plano Police officer that you don't know? "rlol"
I would be willing to be no on that question. "rlol"

Well, I didn't know this guy! lol..........I did know his supervisor, though ;-)

I have to say that all the Plano PD guys I do know are very professional and the topic of CHL's has come up often. Strangely enough, I was asked on several occasions how I would want to be treated and what I expected during a stop. The guys we have lunch with are very well educated on CHL laws and the laws covering posession of a firearm, club or other weapon in your vehicle and encourage concealed carry. Now if only they could hit a softball :anamatedbanana

pedalman

Post by pedalman »

age_ranger wrote:The guys we have lunch with are very well educated on CHL laws and the laws covering posession of a firearm, club or other weapon in your vehicle and encourage concealed carry. Now if only they could hit a softball :anamatedbanana
If I had to choose, I would prefer they be able to hit their target :fire , instead of a softball. :biggrinjester:

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

jbirds1210 wrote:Whew.....I am glad you didn't produce one of your Italian firearms....you might have offended someone and ended up with a hefty fine. :coolgleamA:

Jason

Oh no you di'int! :lol:

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

pedalman wrote:
age_ranger wrote:The guys we have lunch with are very well educated on CHL laws and the laws covering posession of a firearm, club or other weapon in your vehicle and encourage concealed carry. Now if only they could hit a softball :anamatedbanana
If I had to choose, I would prefer they be able to hit their target :fire , instead of a softball. :biggrinjester:
Looks like they can hit thier target. :thumbs2:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... b.html?npc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource

Nintao
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Nintao »

age_ranger wrote:Stopped for expired inspection (I honestly thought I had done it for some reason, but apparently not) Anyway, pulled over, hand him my DL and CHL and inform him "I'm not carrying" and he says "Ok, you're not carrying......" One warning later and I'm on my way. Quick, plain and simple......painless too. Officer was kind, courteous and its a nice day with the birds chirping. Dropped off van and picked up my POV and now I'm armed to the teeth. I hate company policies that restrict my right to carry. :banghead:

:woohoo

Funny thing is one of my customers at work mentioned today when he showed his CHL for ID for using a Cred Card mentioned to me (after I told him I am 80+ days waiting for my plastic) that 9 out of 10 times the LEO let him off with a warning. hey the LEO have to earn our liking somehow right :).

When I took my CHL class (given by a LEO) he certainly was PRO carry in your vehicle. Riding a harley I asked him if my motorcycle is different (since you ride ON insted of IN) and he said it is the same as a car, and that I am perfectly legal to do so (then mentioned how he carrys his firearms on his HD).

I guess being TX seams most LEO are pro vehicle carry and CHL carry :).
"To listen, to learn, to that which is not spoken."

Topic author
age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Luckily, we have pretty good support from the LE community here. Other communities in Texas aren't so lucky.

txflyer

Post by txflyer »

My only encounter with Plano PD was a good one. Officer pulled me one night for no tail lights. I quickly thanked him for letting me know, he asked that I use my flashers until I got home and sent me on my way. Fixed the problem next morning.

Very polite and professional.

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

Nintao wrote:I guess being TX seams most LEO are pro vehicle carry and CHL carry :).
age_ranger wrote:Luckily, we have pretty good support from the LE community here. Other communities in Texas aren't so lucky.
:iagree: :iagree:
Wildscar
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource

Nintao
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Nintao »

Wildscar wrote: :iagree: :iagree:
Unless we mention the CIty of Garland.........
"To listen, to learn, to that which is not spoken."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”