Cop didn't care about CHL - still wrote me two tickets.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ninemm
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cop didn't care about CHL - still wrote me two tickets.

Post by ninemm »

On a recent radio talk show, a local attorney who specializes in defending traffic tickets gave a couple of suggestions:

#1 rule - Don't do anything memorable.
#2 - Before the officer gets out/off his/her vehicle discretely mess up your hair (if you have any).
#3 - Be couteous but stare straight ahead so that the officer's memory is only of your profile.
#4 - Don't get chatty. Don't plead. Just accept it and deal with it later.

I'm with those who wonder why some CHL holders would expect preferential treatment. The officer is just doing his job.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

ninemm wrote:On a recent radio talk show, a local attorney who specializes in defending traffic tickets gave a couple of suggestions:

#1 rule - Don't do anything memorable.
#2 - Before the officer gets out/off his/her vehicle discretely mess up your hair (if you have any).
#3 - Be couteous but stare straight ahead so that the officer's memory is only of your profile.
#4 - Don't get chatty. Don't plead. Just accept it and deal with it later.

I'm with those who wonder why some CHL holders would expect preferential treatment. The officer is just doing his job.
These radio talk show lawyers seem more interested in being able to fight the ticket in court than avoiding the ticket. Cost more to fight a ticket than to do the defencive driving or pay the adjudicated thing.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LaserTex

Post by LaserTex »

Cost more to fight a ticket than to do the defencive driving or pay the adjudicated thing.

Hasn't cost me anything more than taking the time off work. I received a bad speeding ticket - a car was passing me on the inside right lane as I was in middle lane in my truck. 1 hour at the courthouse to get a trial date set, 1:45 minutes day of trial. Zero cost, zero points. Wife got a ticket for honking her horn at a police officer that was pulling into her lane (to keep him from hitting her). It made him mad so he pulled her over. She didn't even have to go back on the second day as the court threw it out - Judge said it was "a good cop with a bad temper". Dismissed.

Doug
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

LaserTex wrote:Cost more to fight a ticket than to do the defencive driving or pay the adjudicated thing.

Hasn't cost me anything more than taking the time off work. I received a bad speeding ticket - a car was passing me on the inside right lane as I was in middle lane in my truck. 1 hour at the courthouse to get a trial date set, 1:45 minutes day of trial. Zero cost, zero points. Wife got a ticket for honking her horn at a police officer that was pulling into her lane (to keep him from hitting her). It made him mad so he pulled her over. She didn't even have to go back on the second day as the court threw it out - Judge said it was "a good cop with a bad temper". Dismissed.

Doug
Huh? :mrgreen:

I think of jobs where a "bad temper" might be considered a desirable thing, but LEO doesn't come immediately to mind. :???:

Oh well....no telling what the judge meant. Glad the case was dismissed.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

ninemm

Post by ninemm »

I think a LEO has his/her mind 99% made up about whether or not to issue a citation before he gets out of his car. Hardly anything you say or do will change that. There are things you can do to make the situation worse.

sss

Post by sss »

Fangs wrote:
gregthehand wrote:HPD doesn't have cameras in most of their cars.
What? Really? That doesn't seem right. :confused5
No cameras, no radar units in most cars. The cost of a good K or Ka band system and a camera/voice recorder really add up when you have a few thousand cars like HPD does.
Carrying since 02/06/2009.

rmoraes

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
My professor told me: “even if caught in flagrant, deny.” May it never happen.
:leaving
Even if it is your wife... :totap:
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”