FBI agents stage sting to snare corrupt Illinois cops

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bryang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FBI agents stage sting to snare corrupt Illinois cops

Post by bryang »

The FBI did a great job and should be commended. As far as corruption it is so embedded in our society today that it has most definitely became a part of of our way of life. I heard on Fox news where and alarming number of school children thank it is alright to cheat and lie. These young people will be the future cops, business men, politicians, Teachers, etc. of our country. Of course that does not mean that everyone will be on the take, there are still some very good people out there.

Thanks, for the article...I can garentuee you that there is NO cop bashing on this forum. Everyone here has the highest regard for the police and all law enforcement agencies and the post here are to educate and inform.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

barres

Post by barres »

God bless all of our local, state and national LEO's and our armed forces! :txflag: :patriot: They do us all a great service. I especially thank all the LEO's that work seemingly tirelessly to investigate all manner of crimes to keep us safe. Especially those that are tasked with the odious duty of investigating other LEO's. God be with them all.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

barres wrote:God bless all of our local, state and national LEO's and our armed forces! :txflag: :patriot: They do us all a great service. I especially thank all the LEO's that work seemingly tirelessly to investigate all manner of crimes to keep us safe. Especially those that are tasked with the odious duty of investigating other LEO's. God be with them all.
:iagree:

Agreed, with all of the above excepting the highlighted. If whomever in doing the investigating considers the job "odious", then the wrong person is on the job. There is NO place for crooked cops on ANY force/dept, and ALL LEO should be happy to get rid of them.

I think a better term would be the "embarrassing duty".

You will not find a more staunch supporter of Law Enforcement than me, but I have no use for a crooked (or abusive) cop, NONE!

But, as you say...."God be with them all".
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

flintknapper wrote:
barres wrote:God bless all of our local, state and national LEO's and our armed forces! :txflag: :patriot: They do us all a great service. I especially thank all the LEO's that work seemingly tirelessly to investigate all manner of crimes to keep us safe. Especially those that are tasked with the odious duty of investigating other LEO's. God be with them all.
:iagree:

Agreed, with all of the above excepting the highlighted. If whomever in doing the investigating considers the job "odious", then the wrong person is on the job. There is NO place for crooked cops on ANY force/dept, and ALL LEO should be happy to get rid of them.

I think a better term would be the "embarrassing duty".

You will not find a more staunch supporter of Law Enforcement than me, but I have no use for a crooked (or abusive) cop, NONE!

But, as you say...."God be with them all".
Maybe barres meant 'odorous' duty, cause something stinks!! :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

I suspect he meant onerous rather than odious.

- Jim

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

seamusTX wrote:I suspect he meant onerous rather than odious.

- Jim
Very possible, in that case "my bad".
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

seamusTX wrote:I suspect he meant onerous rather than odious.
Perhaps malodorous. ;-)

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Someone needs to post a Redneck definition of all 5 words o I know what they mean.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

odious = hateful, despicable, evil (This term is usually applied to persons or acts, such as Saddam Hussein or the Nazi Holocaust.)

onerous = tiresome, demanding, difficult (job, task)

malodorous, odoriferous = smelly,stinky, obnoxious

I can't figure out which is the fifth word.

I will say one more thing: Native speakers of English have a general feel of the meaning of words, even if they don't know the precise dictionary definition. They catch the drift.

Precise definitions are important only in laws and contracts, IMHO.

- Jim

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

seamusTX wrote:
I will say one more thing: Native speakers of English have a general feel of the meaning of words, even if they don't know the precise dictionary definition. They catch the drift.

- Jim
You mean like Norm Crosby precision use of English?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NRMbXcUNcDM[/youtube]

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

texasag93

Post by texasag93 »

AUTOMOTOPIA.... :smash:

texasag
texasag93

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

:lol: That is exactly what I mean. I generally don't like video, but that is hilarious.

To quote Jimi Hendrix, "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy."

Do I dare to mention in the same context the garbled version of the Hail Mary that some kids recited: "Hail Mary, full of grace, blessed arthouamong women and blessed is the fruit of the loom, Jesus ..."

- Jim

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”