Wife called it!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
nitrogen
Posts in topic: 4

Wife called it!

Post by nitrogen »

So my headlight is out, and my car takes those xenon headlights that cost a billion dollars a piece.
I ordered my replacement via ebay and it's on its way.

So my wife and I are going out, and she tells me, "we should take my car, your headlight is out and you'll get pulled over"

"Oh, its okay."

So we go out to eat, and we are heading home down a street where tons of kids speed, and my radar detector is going nuts. We pass one of Sachse's finest, and he lights me up as soon as I pass him, parked. He pulls me over literally 250 feet from my house.

Asked for my license and insurance, which I provided, along with CHL. He asked me where it was, and I said on my hip, and no further problem with that.

"Sir, I pulled you over because you have a headlight out, did you know that?"
"Yeah, its one of those xenon headlights that costs a ton, and the replacement is on its way to me."
"Well I'm going to give you a warning, just get the headlight fixed."

My wife is now smug, with the "I told you so!" look on her face :???:

It's nice to have dealings with the police that are not stressful and awful, as they were in the previous place I've lived.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

flb_78
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife called it!

Post by flb_78 »

I hope you ordered 2 of em.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Yeah, I got a pair. The light color on these change with life, so you replace 'em both if one goes. On my car, I actually have to take the whole headlight assembly out to change them, so I might as well change 'em both anyway.

If you ever need xenon bulbs, ebay is great.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

You'd think one of those head lights would be sufficient. I hate when ever one is behind me, even with the mirror down it's very distracting. (No offense)

Topic author
nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

atxgun wrote:You'd think one of those head lights would be sufficient. I hate when ever one is behind me, even with the mirror down it's very distracting. (No offense)
None taken. If it's installed right, it's not annoying at all. Those are usually halogen swapouts that arent' done right. And they are awful.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

nitrogen wrote:On my car, I actually have to take the whole headlight assembly out to change them,
Do you have to drop the gas tank off the car to fill it too?

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

nitrogen wrote:
atxgun wrote:You'd think one of those head lights would be sufficient. I hate when ever one is behind me, even with the mirror down it's very distracting. (No offense)
None taken. If it's installed right, it's not annoying at all. Those are usually halogen swapouts that arent' done right. And they are awful.
:iagree:

If done correctly (aligned) they are wonderful! I put a set in my wifes Land Cruiser because we live out it in the country on a dark winding road (with lots of animals crossing). The difference is stark!

Glad you didn't get a ticket. I guess that "womans intuition" thing, really works....huh? ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

starrbuck

Post by starrbuck »

nitrogen wrote:My wife is now smug, with the "I told you so!" look on her face :???:
Consider yourself lucky... That's my wife's permanent look on her face. :nono:
Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Topic author
nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

KD5NRH wrote:
nitrogen wrote:On my car, I actually have to take the whole headlight assembly out to change them,
Do you have to drop the gas tank off the car to fill it too?
Nah. These xenon bulbs die about every 7 years or so. If I had to fill the car every 7 years with gas, I probably wouldn't mind dropping the gas tank to fill it though :D
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

starrbuck wrote:
nitrogen wrote:My wife is now smug, with the "I told you so!" look on her face :???:
Consider yourself lucky... That's my wife's permanent look on her face. :nono:
"rlol" :iagree:
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

Won't bother quoting but whoever said the stuff about being installed correctly, but thats dead on. Some people buy ridiculously expensive swap out kits with bulbs that burn way too hot producing poorer lighting and then they set the angle too high up. The hotter bulbs "bleed" more than OEM HID lights and when that creeps into the cab is when you get the blinding effect. After driving with them for 4 years factory installed, I honestly don't think I can go back to a regular headlight. The distance and clarity are so much so that most of the times i don't need the brights assuming the angle on the road is not too much downward. If you have an even better car than mine, they will have an auto leveling feature that keeps the viewing distance constant (since the light is so much more clear cut) and turning the light into the turn as you make it to help avoid unseen surprises. And believe it or not, "they" say that the light put off of those, while intense if directly shined in your face, is easier on your eyes than regular bulbs. New car technology is expensive to fix, but man is it cool :coolgleamA:

Putting that Associates Degree that is moldy as well as those passed ASE tests to good work. Anything else will be $85 an hour ;-)

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Anybody else notice that headlight aim disappeared from the inspection and lousy lighting became popular about the same time that vast expanses of chrome disappeared from production vehicles?

I'm thinking about having my trunk lid chromed to cut down on tailgaters running off-road lights.

barres

Post by barres »

KD5NRH wrote:I'm thinking about having my trunk lid chromed to cut down on tailgaters running off-road lights.
I've thought about mounting a spotlight on the back windshield of my car facing toward the read for those and those that won't turn off their brights.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

If thats legal thats a great idea!

pedalman

Post by pedalman »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:If thats legal thats a great idea!
I have a feeling that if it was legal, you would see a lot of those spotlights mounted in such a manner.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”