Good Interaction With a Frio County Deputy

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tallmike
Posts in topic: 1

Good Interaction With a Frio County Deputy

Post by tallmike »

I got pulled over for doing 81 in a 75 on my way back from Laredo the other day. The deputy was sitting in the median and as soon as I got close his lights came on, since I was the one passing the other guy I assumed it was for me so I just went ahead pulled on over to the right shoulder.

Once he got to my window and asked for my license I handed him my license and CHL. He asked if I was armed, I said yes it was in the glove box and in order to get my insurance card I would need to reach in there. He said "Thats not necessary, I guess you dont get in trouble much or you wouldnt have one of these" holding my CHL in his hand.

He handed me back my license and CHL asked me to slow down and told me to have a good day. You cant ask for a better stop than that.

bryang

Re: Good Interaction With a Frio County Deputy

Post by bryang »

Congratulations on the good stop. :tiphat:

It seems like you hear more and more of these good contacts with LEO. I hope the relationship between LEO and CHL is finally becoming less threatening for the police and maybe better training as to what we have to go through to get a CHL...a clean record.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

Nice stop. :thumbs2:

I wonder what the stats are for how many CHLers have actually shot a LEO? I'd assume that it's a very, very small number. Maybe this should be taught to LEOs to help alleviate some fears... not saying it isn't already, just that some may have been sleeping during that part of class. :rolll
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

davinco

Post by davinco »

I had a very similar stop in SA. I was accelerating onto 1604 from the Forum and got lit up by a Univercal City officer in the median. Not for speeding but my car matched one just reported stolen from the Forum. I handed him my licenceses without insurance and told him about the firearm in the glovebox and he said "Have a good day sir" while jogging back to his car talking on the radio. I wasn't stopped more than 90 seconds.
The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded.
Charles de Secondat, baron de Montesquieu, The Spirit of the Laws (1748)

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”