Young teen spoofs Chicago police

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 5

Young teen spoofs Chicago police

Post by seamusTX »

A 14-year-old boy showed up at a Chicago police station in a full uniform, minus gun and badge, and was assigned to a shift.

All Chicago patrol cars have at least two officers. The young man's partner did not detect a problem. A supervisor looked into the situation when the pair returned to the station at the end of their shift.

Accounts differ on whether the young man actually drove or performed any official duties such as writing tickets.

He was charged as a juvenile with impersonating an officer, not for the first time. He plead not guilty.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD95V03503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... B0E2t9h6-A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/13978 ... 09.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This is a sample of about 1,000 news articles.)

Personally, I think they should give the kid a scholarship somewhere. He is obviously much smarter than the average Chicago cop.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Young teen spoofs Chicago police

Post by NcongruNt »

:iagree:

Interesting set of events. Must be a smart bugger with nerves of steel to pull that off. Sounds like a smart kid in serious need of constructive creative outlet. Despite his lack of judgment (he is 14, after all), hopefully the legal system doesn't mess him up for worse. From the descriptions in the articles, it sounds like he's a smart orphan who just needs some serious mentoring. Hopefully his judge will seize the opportunity and assign some creative punishment and put him in line for some type of constructive mentoring.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

That sounds like the perfect pilot to a series about a master spy, doesn't it?

"14 year old super-spy steals al-qeda secrets but can't drive to CIA HEADQUARTERS!
Next Fall on MSNBCBABC!"
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

nitrogen wrote:That sounds like the perfect pilot to a series about a master spy, doesn't it?
Doogie Howser, CIA agent.

- Jim

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

seamusTX wrote:
nitrogen wrote:That sounds like the perfect pilot to a series about a master spy, doesn't it?
Doogie Howser, CIA agent.

- Jim
It's been done.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EUoPzk-nqGU[/youtube]
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

bayou_chl

Post by bayou_chl »

Who the hell was his partner? :smilelol5: I hope he is dsiciplined swiftly and severly. You don't deserve to have a badge and a gun if you aren't slueth enough to figure out that your partner doesnt have a gun and still has a milk mustache. What the hell did they talk about for 5 hours before he started to get a hunch that something isn't right about the new guy. "rlol"

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I guess you can impersonate an officer without a badge or a weapon.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

This episode is an excellent illustration of people seeing what they expect to see and ignoring what they do not expect.
bayou_chl wrote:What the heck did they talk about for 5 hours before he started to get a hunch that something isn't right about the new guy.
I'll bet the kid is all over the police forums on the Internet and can speak the lingo and retell stories with the best of them.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

seamusTX wrote:This episode is an excellent illustration of people seeing what they expect to see and ignoring what they do not expect.
bayou_chl wrote:What the heck did they talk about for 5 hours before he started to get a hunch that something isn't right about the new guy.
I'll bet the kid is all over the police forums on the Internet and can speak the lingo and retell stories with the best of them.

- Jim
:iagree: Another good example of why you never believe anyone on the Internet when they tell you they are a police officer, lawyer, 18 year old hot looking girl, etc. until you irrefutable evidence. Some of these kids (and adults) are so good at being I-Posers they would fool their own family. :shock:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Keith B wrote:Another good example of why you never believe anyone on the Internet ....
Forget the Internet. Don't take anyone at face value in real life. The list of hoaxes and impersonators is very long, and those are just the ones who were found out.
Some of these kids (and adults) are so good at being I-Posers they would fool their own family.
People fool their own families more often and more thoroughly than anyone else. Think of all the affairs, bigamy, secret drug use, etc.

- Jim

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

seamusTX wrote:
Keith B wrote:Another good example of why you never believe anyone on the Internet ....
Forget the Internet. Don't take anyone at face value in real life. The list of hoaxes and impersonators is very long, and those are just the ones who were found out.
Some of these kids (and adults) are so good at being I-Posers they would fool their own family.
People fool their own families more often and more thoroughly than anyone else. Think of all the affairs, bigamy, secret drug use, etc.

- Jim
Oh, no doubt. As you state, it is hard enough to tell someone is lying in person, much less when you can't see their facial expressions, tone of voice, general demeanor, what they look like, etc. over the Internet.

I guess being from the Show-Me state, I am even MORE skeptical of things folks tell me until I have proof. However, I have been the victim of scammers myself. Almost makes you not want to trust anyone! :nono:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

There is an old saying among reporters that applies to everyone: If your mother says she loves you, check it out.

- Jim

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Wait...but...ahhh..wai...Hey!

I thought I was supposed to be the most hated and unbelievable person on the internet!!!

I demand a recount!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

[quote="Keith B" :iagree: Another good example of why you never believe anyone on the Internet when they tell you they are a police officer, lawyer, 18 year old hot looking girl, etc. until you irrefutable evidence. Some of these kids (and adults) are so good at being I-Posers they would fool their own family. :shock:[/quote]

This reminds me of a saying for MMORPG (Massive multiplayer online role plaing games) and that saying is MMORPG - Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Wait...but...ahhh..wai...Hey!

I thought I was supposed to be the most hated and unbelievable person on the internet!!!

I demand a recount!!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”