Correctional Officer

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Billyjoe
Posts in topic: 1

Correctional Officer

Post by Billyjoe »

I didnt know where to post this but im going to school and Sam Houston in Huntsville and need a job. I have a interview with TDCJ to become an Correctional Officer at one of the prisons here in town. Just wondering if anyone else in here has done it or know anyone who has. Im 19 working on my third year of a Crimianl Justice degree. I plan to become a Officer for Huntsville PD or HPD or somewhere in between after graduation thanks for the comments

IcheeWaWa

Post by IcheeWaWa »

You probably know my dad if you're a CJ major :)

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Send me a PM and I can answer any question you might have. I worked for TDCJ for seven years.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

Been with the state for 14 yrs, but not as a CO. I worked in EMS in Rosharon until recently. I'm now in administration in Huntsville.

I'm sure I could answer just about anything you can come up with. PM me if you have any questions that jbirds cant help you with.

Crosstimbers Okie

Post by Crosstimbers Okie »

It will be a great experience. You will learn more about criminals and people in general, working in a prison than you ever will as a 'street" LE. I don't work for TDCJ, but I have worked in prisons for 16 years. Feel free to PM me too.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Welcome to Texas Crosstimbers. Good signature too.
Most screen names have a story behind them. By any chance yours reference a song (I play a guitar & the wife a Mandoline) about "Where The Timbers Crossed"??? ;-) Have a great day.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Crosstimbers Okie

Post by Crosstimbers Okie »

Thanks for the welcome. My Crosstimbers moniker comes from the geographical section in which I grew up. The signature was taken from a book on self-defense written by a fello Crosstimbers Okie.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”