Alleged beating of Houston burglary suspect

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Alleged beating of Houston burglary suspect

Post by Cobra Medic »

pbwalker wrote:It's a tactic that obama supporters use against people who are against his policies.
Circular reference. Very cool.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

The video. Make what you want of it. I know what I see, and it does not look like anyone is being protected or served.
[youtube][/youtube]

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Post by i8godzilla »

IIRC the officers changed were charged with "Official Oppression".
§ 39.03. Official Oppression

(a) A public servant acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally subjects another to mistreatment or to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment, or lien that he knows is unlawful;

(2) intentionally denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power, or immunity, knowing his conduct is unlawful; or

(3) intentionally subjects another to sexual harassment.

(b) For purposes of this section, a public servant acts under color of his office or employment if he acts or purports to act in an official capacity or takes advantage of such actual or purported capacity.

(c) In this section, "sexual harassment" means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, submission to which is made a term or condition of a person's exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power, or immunity, either explicitly or implicitly.
More on HPDs discipline issues:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=7938121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder what I would be charged with if I caught a 15 Y.O. breaking into my home and tied him up and kicked him a few times, all while having a gun on my belt? What if I had friends over at the time and they also, kicked a few times? Just asking..................
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Barbi Q

Post by Barbi Q »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:The video. Make what you want of it. I know what I see, and it does not look like anyone is being protected or served.
It looks like that teenager got served.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

I'd be happy to see all of the officers involved first be fired and then instead of the slap on the wrist charges they are under I think they should be charged with felonies. Abuse of power at any level is unacceptable and should be dealt with very seriously, the police are not above the law in fact they should be held to and even higher standard seeing as how they are supposed to be the example for the rest of us.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

gigag04 wrote:
cope wrote:Sad to throw away a career over something so stupid.

Resisting is one thing, but once the scrote is cuffed, it's time to walk away.
You have obviously never fought someone while they're high on PCP - once cuffed, the fight is still far from over.

We'll see how this comes out for the HPD guys - I don't know anything about the story. While I like the idea of burglars getting a beat down, it's NOT worth it to do it illegally. The CJ system is flawed but we still have to play by the rules - hope that is what the court finds that these officers did.

To CobraMedic - I don't see race as an issue here - why do you bring it up?

It looks unprofessional, but then we don't know what preceded what happens in the video. However, I find the media treatment highly suspect. For one thing they're making a big deal out of his age --yet he looks like a pretty big guy to me, no doubt capable of shooting, stabbing, or beating someone to death during one of his burglaries. I think the "news" coverage also seeks to minimize the nature of his criminal activity. I consider violating someone's home to be a pretty serious offense, and the kind of people who take that kind of risk to be very dangerous.

I think we're breeding more violent criminals and I think it's in large part due to the liberal mentality that treats thugs as "victims" instead of the dangerous predators they are.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

kyreb

Post by kyreb »

From what I have seen, the one officer who repeatedly kicks the "suspect" after he is down is the only one who appears to me to be clearly out of line. He kicks the guy several times in the head and then walks around behind the guy and starts kicking him again.

While I support all LE and know they have a tough job, that guy should not be carrying a badge and a gun. He really looks bad in that video.

I see all the usual "community organizer" groups are mobilizing over this one. We are lucky Houston has not had a Rodney King incident (riot) by now. I fear it is only a matter of time.
NRA Endowment Member
Unrepentant Hobbyist

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

Apparently the officer tried and found not guilty today is shown in the video for only 3.5 seconds.

Does this officer now have grounds for reinstatement as I believe he was fired?

OrangeAnimal

Post by OrangeAnimal »

No he is not eligable for employment with hpd ever again the mayor and police chief decided that today as well. This guy still has an uphill battle. There will be a civil suit you can bet your quannell x on that. Yes I am sure I spelled his name wrong lol.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

http://www.khou.com/news/Video-shows-te ... 27635.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The victim could not help but make videos after he became famous. These were shown to the jury at the trial.

Now that he is famous, I wonder what his plans are for the rest of his life. I guess it will depend on the outcome of the civil trials.

But regardless of the outcome, somehow I will be made to feel guilty.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

philip964 wrote:http://www.khou.com/news/Video-shows-te ... 27635.html

The victim could not help but make videos after he became famous. These were shown to the jury at the trial.

Now that he is famous, I wonder what his plans are for the rest of his life. I guess it will depend on the outcome of the civil trials.

But regardless of the outcome, somehow I will be made to feel guilty.
The likelihood that the "victim" will end up in jail as an adult at some point is pretty good. Somehow, I just don't see him turning over a new leaf and becoming a model citizen...and, unfortunately, at some point, he may attempt to gain access into a home where the folks who live there are home, and he might end up not drawing breath anymore. But hey, he's one bad, tough, hardcore dude, huh? :mad5

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Well, whaddya know: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 632312.php

Chad Holley, along with three others, was arrested the afternoon of June 13 in the Copperfield area of northwest Harris County for burglary of a habitation.

Evidently, after the 2010 incident his family moved to northwest Harris County where Holley attended Cy Falls high school for his senior year. He graduated and received his diploma.

Obviously, however, that didn't mean he had become any smarter.

Said Quanell X on Wednesday, "This is what you do to repay the people who did so much to stand up for you?"

Memo to Quanell X: Stop standing up for criminals.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I guess my Mama could beat better'n cops can...I learned my lesson better'n this guy did... :lol:

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I's say a leopard can't change his spots, but that would be an insult to leopards everywhere...

Have you seen the local activist's response yet? He's back pedaling big time!
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=8700746" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you run from the cops you're probably guilty of something (at the least poor judgement). In this case probably guilty of more than one thing.

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”