Keep It Up People

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 1

Keep It Up People

Post by stash »

The way I see it, we have not had a driving police encounter post since 5/23/11 (almost a month). Seems everyone is driving real good.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

tacticool

Re: Keep It Up People

Post by tacticool »

They have to catch me first!

Just kidding.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

AJ80
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJ80 »

The last and only time I was pulled over was before I even had a CHL and that was for driving on the wrong side of the road. Got that dropped by taking defensive driving though.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

AJ80 wrote:The last and only time I was pulled over was before I even had a CHL and that was for driving on the wrong side of the road. Got that dropped by taking defensive driving though.
When the LEO stopped you, did you pull to the left shoulder or the right? I think if that happened to me I would just start speaking with a British accent and claim I had a momentary lapse and say 'Blimey, I thought I was back in jolly old England, I did'. :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Keith B wrote:
AJ80 wrote:The last and only time I was pulled over was before I even had a CHL and that was for driving on the wrong side of the road. Got that dropped by taking defensive driving though.
When the LEO stopped you, did you pull to the left shoulder or the right? I think if that happened to me I would just start speaking with a British accent and claim I had a momentary lapse and say 'Blimey, I thought I was back in jolly old England, I did'. :biggrinjester:
"rlol" "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

AJ80
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJ80 »

Keith B wrote:
I actually pulled into a gas station parking lot... on the left side of the road. :leaving

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Keith, you laugh. I have British friends living over here and they pull out their UK DL when pulled over. As long as the cop hasn't run the plates yet they always get off with a warning!

And yes, they do have TXDL also...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I haven't been pulled over since 2008. I guess you do naturally calm down as you get older. :???:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

iom

Post by iom »

Last time I got pulled over / ticketed was in November 1987.

I know. By stating this, I'm just asking to get pulled over :mrgreen:

Roccodawg

Post by Roccodawg »

Got pulled over last week for doing 60 in a 50....just got away from me. It was a Tx DPS Trooper and I maneuvered my front wheels when pulled over as instructed by my brother in law LEO. Trooper's first comment when he approached me on the passenger side was, "so who do you work for?" I politely told him I was nobody, but that my BIL had taught me to pull over like that. I kindly told him I was armed, that I was a CHL holder, and presented both documents. He never actually asked for my proof of insurance. At any rate, he returned to his vehicle and came back with a computerized written warning and told me to keep my speed down. Couldn't have asked for more.....no tellin' if it was the "yes sir", "no sir" good manners, the CHL, or what, but I got off the hook when I rightfully had it comin'. They're not all tough guys, contrary to some opinion.
There's never a problem until there's a problem. Then, there's a problem.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

What is the correct way to maneuver your wheels? Just in case...you know...

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”