North Richland Hills

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

North Richland Hills

Post by cyphur »

....has some low speed limits on their access roads!

Around where my parents live(Grapevine) and here where I'm at(Garland) the speeds are 45-50mph. Well, I was at Academy with my brother buying 45ACP for today's range trip, and leaving I had to swing around under the highway to go south to Alpine. Well, one of NRH's finest decided that I was goin a little too fast....

Apparently 53 in a 35 is a no-no there. He was very curteous, and when I handed him my DL and CHL, he asked if I was armed, I said yes. I had to fish for my insurance, he was very understanding. Gave it to him, he checked it, returned the insurance card and the CHL. Took the DL back to the truck and ran my number. Came back and gave me a hard time about having a few tickets from before my girls were born(and I had little care for the speed limit...) and told me to slow down. We both wished eachother a happy holiday season and went on our way.

He seemed more friendly after he saw my CHL, and was very jovial in his entire approach. While I do not enjoy being pulled over, this was the most positive experience I've ever had during a traffic stop. And yes, I deserved the ticket, however he was kind enough to let me off easy. My brother was shocked to say the least, as was my wife. :)

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

Sound like you were blessed. 53 in a 35 is kind of high. Not saying that I haven't done the same though.

texas297

Post by texas297 »

A little secret from someone that works in the LE field. This time of year cops don't write many moving violations.

The exception to that would be if said officer pulls over said violator and the first words out of the mouth of said violator is "say man why you pulling me over?"

The rules change December 26th.

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

texas297 wrote:A little secret from someone that works in the LE field. This time of year cops don't write many moving violations.

The exception to that would be if said officer pulls over said violator and the first words out of the mouth of said violator is "say man why you pulling me over?"

The rules change December 26th.
He said as much, that he was trying to be nice for the holidays.

Either way I'm thankful!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I was raised to celebrate Christmas all year long. Maybe it might catch on?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”