Great encounter with DPS in Johnson County

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
4g4g
Posts in topic: 1

Great encounter with DPS in Johnson County

Post by 4g4g »

I have had my CHL almost exactly 1 year and have not been pulled over in at least 10 years. Today just outside of Burleson I clearly ran through a stop sign (in a rush to get to walmart of all things) and right as I entered the roadway I was immediately lit up by a DPS LEO.

I pulled over to he shoulder as soon as I saw the lights, reached in my front pocket for my chl and my dl. The LEO approached on my passenger side and since i was in a jeep wrangler with slider windows he motioned for me to open my passenger door. I opened the door and practically shoved my CHL and DL (chl on top) in his face. He took less than 2 seconds and handed back my chl and asked for my insurance card. Once I showed him my card he Quickly told me that he was going to give me awarning for failure to stop. He made some small talk about my job and was super friendly. I was totally impressed with this Leo's actions today.

speedsix

Re: Great encounter with DPS in Johnson County

Post by speedsix »

...and he prolly left thinking "I wish they were all that easy"....good stop!!!

JP1961

Post by JP1961 »

My son had the same experiance with DPS in Johnson County during a speeding stop on Christmas morning. He wasn't sure if it was the CHL the fac that he is a FF/MEDIC or the combo.
11/04/11 Applied online.
11/07/11 Finger prints.
11/12/11 CHL class.
11/14/11 Packet mailed.
11/23/11 Packet received. BG check pending.
12/15/11 BG check complete. MFG pending
12/16/11 Manufacturing.
12/17/11 Mailed
12/23/11 Plastic in hand.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

JP1961 wrote:My son had the same experiance with DPS in Johnson County during a speeding stop on Christmas morning. He wasn't sure if it was the CHL the fac that he is a FF/MEDIC or the combo.
LEO's tend to cut FF/paramedics a little slack. The LEO might be the one needing the emergency medical treatments at some time in the future.

However, many years ago I gave a HFD FF a speeding ticket for speeding in a school zone in Pasadena. :thumbs2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”