Interesting contact today

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Interesting contact today

Post by RottenApple »

Collin County Constable pulled up to a neighbor's house while I was working in my garage. He was serving divorce papers to the guy who lives (lived?) there and they weren't home. I hollered over to him that there's usually no one there till late in the evening. So he came over to talk. Before he stepped into my yard I held my hands to where they were in plain sight, turned to the side so he could see my gun (I wasn't wearing a cover garment since I was working in my own garage), and informed him that I was armed. He was as calm and cool as can be. We talked about the neighbor a bit and then he asked if that was a Kimber I was carrying and if I had gotten my CHL yet. Obviously I told him I had. He informed me that he encourages everyone he meets to get their CHL because they (the cops) just can't be there to protect everyone when something bad happens.

All in all Constable Edwards was a great guy and I was very pleased to make his acquaintance.

Kadelic

Re: Interesting contact today

Post by Kadelic »

Nice. Seems like this kind of interaction between LEO and folks in the neighborhood should be this way by default. We're all on the same side after all, aren't we?
Honor Necessity

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

:thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Glad it went well. Some constables are a bit short on training and experience, so it sounds like you handled it just right.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”