Grapevine and Plano encounters, same week

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Taggart
Posts in topic: 1

Grapevine and Plano encounters, same week

Post by Taggart »

It hasn't been a great week for me on the road... after years of not getting stopped, I was involved in a minor fender-bender in heavy stop-and-go traffic in the construction at the 114-121 junction early in the week, to which Grapevine PD responded to write a report, then got stopped in Plano today for going 10 over the limit. Presented CHL to both LEOs, with the same response: "Are you carrying?" "Yes, it's in the console." "OK." The second officer requested "just keep your hands on the wheel please while I step back to my vehicle for a moment to print out a warning and then you'll be on your way." Both were very professional and I was please that they treated licensed carry as a non-issue.

hi-power

Re: Grapevine and Plano encounters, same week

Post by hi-power »

Good to hear everything went well. I'm not surprised you had a wreck in Grapevine. The construction around here is nuts. As soon as you get used to how the traffic lanes are, they get shuffled around. It's going quickly, but it's a pain while we're going through it.

Lonest4r

Post by Lonest4r »

Yeah, I was almost rear-ended by an 18 wheeler the other night at the DFW airport 114/121 split. Messy traffic even at 9:30 pm!
LONEST4R
7/24/10 Class- 8/28/10 Plastic!
Glock 26 in Horsehide Supertuck

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Lonest4r wrote:Yeah, I was almost rear-ended by an 18 wheeler the other night at the DFW airport 114/121 split. Messy traffic even at 9:30 pm!
With that construction over there, it seems to be a mess 7x24. :banghead: I actually started cutting off on 26 by Bass Pro and go through Grapevine when heading over to Roanoke for CHL classes at Cabela's. I usually check the GPS to see how congested the interchange is, but have found i can make it almost as quick across 26 no matter.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Not just Grapevine. I think every hiway in the metroplex is under construction of some type. :banghead:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

RPBrown wrote:Not just Grapevine. I think every hiway in the metroplex is under construction of some type. :banghead:
Seriously. I moved here from Southern California where the traffic is BAD because there are so many people. I moved out here thinking the traffic might be better but in many cases its WORSE because of the construction all over the place.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

hi-power wrote: I'm not surprised you had a wreck in Grapevine. The construction around here is nuts.
Now you know why I'm vacationing over here... I'll come back when the construction is finished "rlol"
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Mel

Post by Mel »

MadMonkey wrote:
hi-power wrote: I'm not surprised you had a wreck in Grapevine. The construction around here is nuts.
Now you know why I'm vacationing over here... I'll come back when the construction is finished "rlol"
Good luck with that. I've been here for 69 years and it hasn't finished yet!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

Mel wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
Good luck with that. I've been here for 69 years and it hasn't finished yet!
Well... the new corridor anyway :banghead:

I lived there for about 4 years and it wasn't too bad until that crap started. When I get back I'm planning to move to Justin. My sisters and brother all live in Grapevine though.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”