Off Duty Officer and guys recording at wal-mart

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DarkSide
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Off Duty Officer and guys recording at wal-mart

Post by DarkSide »

gringo pistolero wrote:
DarkSide wrote:WOW. That's Deep! That officer probably has his feet hurting standing and his pride from getting hurt earlier . But Sad thing he a finger pull away from killing some kid with a Tazzer off duty. Be even worse "if" it was not in jurisdiction.

Why do you think the TASER would have killed the young man? Also can you explain how you know the cop didn't have any authority as a Texas peace officer at that location? Much obliged.
read my post again slowly! :bigear:
Cert. Firefighter
USMC
Master In martial arts

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

DarkSide wrote:
gringo pistolero wrote:
DarkSide wrote:WOW. That's Deep! That officer probably has his feet hurting standing and his pride from getting hurt earlier . But Sad thing he a finger pull away from killing some kid with a Tazzer off duty. Be even worse "if" it was not in jurisdiction.

Why do you think the TASER would have killed the young man? Also can you explain how you know the cop didn't have any authority as a Texas peace officer at that location? Much obliged.
I've read it three times as slowly as possble and still doens't make answer the quesiton asked to me either. Please clarify you post.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

smoothoperator
Posts in topic: 2

Post by smoothoperator »

:iagree: Please shed some light on the darkside.

Topic author
KingofChaos

Post by KingofChaos »

Wasn't directed at me but I'll bite. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser_sa ... #section_9
While I'm not anti-taser, I do think they've become overused. Some officers see it as a mere compliance device, and nothing I've ever read said that that was the point of their introduction. Pulling out the taser because someone givesyou some lip is just as bad as pulling out the gun. Probably worse since the gun is attached to the concept of potential death in most individuals heads, so even if drawn for a bad reason, it's ppotential use will likely invoke more careful thought.
EAA Witness Elite Match .45 ACP
Blade Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster
SOG Flash II

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

DarkSide wrote:
gringo pistolero wrote:

I have also read it several times and am unable to come away with anything different than your implication that the officer was only a finger pull away from killing some kid with a taser.

DarkSide, please come back and clarify your statement. I just remembered you explained about having dyslexia and realized your statement might not have been the way you wanted it to be.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

DarkSide

Post by DarkSide »

I just feel that a Shooting 26 watts of electrical in a "KId" with a medical condition that
1 causes the blood pressure to rise. with in a Traumatic event can cause MI, Stroke.
2 cause the body to retain fluids
3 the body fills with waste
4 hormone levels are off (hormones are like the Body's a second nervous system.)
5 worst your body cant make blood cells at the level you need.

When on Dialysis machine the Pt. (patients) blood is literally removed form the body! It removes NA,K, (potassium and sodium) and Extra fluids.

The NA K pump on board or body make our muscles work. Since they both are Metals the conduct electricity so in theory it will be more K NA in a Dialysis pat. than a regular person with high blood pressure. Some system is bound to fail under that condition. The tazer was not designed to take into account a person with Any medical complications.

When you body is charged with that power your body locks up and you free fall with out the ability to catch your self. People have fallen broken ribs and even broken back - hit their heads.
problems multiply Worst if the person is running. taking all that in sum its a disasters for that kids death.

Kids are Kids they talk crap; We have to protect them and Not get tunnel vision and be the better man when we are working with them. Officer lost his cool. Sadly People don't respect authority but hat should not cost their life. We cant imprison and Kill of every one that don't like the law. All have freedom of speech and the 5th amendment (sadly with limitations).

I believe that Cops ask for an ID so they can have probable cause to search and seize and investigate and use all data recovered against you in the court of law. Since in Texas we only have to legally identify our self if we are being lawfully detained we do-not have to "show our papers". (Unless we are driving or flying.) The officers get irate and want retaliation like any human would when something does not yield. This is when some look for a reason to use a weapon to comply ie the introduction of a tazer in this case.
Cert. Firefighter
USMC
Master In martial arts

Hoosier Daddy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Can people skip expensive dialysis and shock themself with a taser instead?
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

I want to know how he knew those men were on dialysis. :headscratch
When in doubt
Vote them out!

DarkSide

Post by DarkSide »

tacticool wrote:I want to know how he knew those men were on dialysis. :headscratch
says it at the end and most dialysis pts have huge loops in there fore arms. are upper arms... start looking you be surprised. Some times it taped. God bless bro
Cert. Firefighter
USMC
Master In martial arts

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

If I had a peanut allergy, I wouldn't try to provoke a food fight with some guy eating peanuts. Call me crazy. Call me a coward. But don't call me late for supper.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

jax1

Post by jax1 »

Recently found your excellent site.
Postby DarkSide » Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Since in Texas we only have to legally identify our self if we are being lawfully detained we do-not have to "show our papers". (Unless we are driving or flying.)
An important clarification:
Since in Texas we only have to legally identify our self if we HAVE BEEN ARRESTED we do-not have to "show our papers". (Unless we are driving or flying.)

Lawfully detained can be an investigation of reasonable suspicion or probable cause prior to arrest.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

"rlol"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Let me see if I understand:

If, while driving my vehicle, a police officer stops me and then asks to see my drivers license (and of course without his having to ask, my CHL...) I have the option of not showing him my two licenses - unless I'm being arrested?

Is that what's being proposed?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

texanjoker wrote: "rlol"
Not sure what you are laughing at. :headscratch

Texas stop and idenify laws do not required to show ID unless arrested, not during detention. However, if you provide info either when arrested or voluntarily, you must make sure it is not false as it can be a violation.
Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 38.02. FAILURE TO IDENTIFY. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:

(1) lawfully arrested the person;

(2) lawfully detained the person; or

(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

(c) Except as provided by Subsections (d) and (e), an offense under this section is:

(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or

(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).

(d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that the defendant was a fugitive from justice at the time of the offense, the offense is:

(1) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or

(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).

(e) If conduct that constitutes an offense under this section also constitutes an offense under Section 106.07, Alcoholic Beverage Code, the actor may be prosecuted only under Section 106.07.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SwimFan85

Post by SwimFan85 »

Abraham wrote:Let me see if I understand:

If, while driving my vehicle, a police officer stops me and then asks to see my drivers license (and of course without his having to ask, my CHL...) I have the option of not showing him my two licenses - unless I'm being arrested?

Is that what's being proposed?
I think the gentlemen at walmart were on foot. My experience, a TASER doesn't do much to a car.
Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston!
The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”