First time showing CHL to LEO

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

First time showing CHL to LEO

Post by clarionite »

On my way home from work this evening, I was rear ended. Everyone is doing well except for my truck.

But that was the first time since getting my CHL that I had to show it when asked for ID. The officer took my DL, CHL, and Insurance card looked at the CHL and handed it back to me without saying a word. That was the extent of the transaction as far as the CHL was concerned. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly suprised by the way the officer handled the interaction.

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First time showing CHL to LEO

Post by DocV »

Glad you are ok. Sorry about the truck.

It must be good to have had that first time ID experience turn out without a hitch. I suspect that may be the case more often than not!

Topic author
clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

DocV wrote:Glad you are ok. Sorry about the truck.

It must be good to have had that first time ID experience turn out without a hitch. I suspect that may be the case more often than not!
I'm sure that there are more good experiences than bad. But I thought I'd document mine. You hear plenty when an experience goes bad, not so much for the uneventful experiences.

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 1

Post by johnson0317 »

I have to agree. If there were a lot of negative experiences, then I think we would certainly read about them here. I know there could be departments where the chief is against non-LEO carry, but Texas really does seem to be a place where the LEO either appreciates the fact that we carry, or at least is not against it.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”