Well had to happen at some point

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
5thGenTexan
Posts in topic: 2

Well had to happen at some point

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Had my first OFFICIAL conversation with a Fort Worth Police Officer. I was on my way to drop my Dodge Ram off to get the front end rebuilt after 10 years of loyal service,when I met the gentleman in the lane next to me as I missed the left Kane MUST turn sign and he made the left allowed from the second lane.

As I exited my vehical checking the damage and dial PD for an officer to work the accident I see a black & white pull into the intersection with his Lights a flashing and he suggests we go up the street to a gas station parking lot to work it out. When he pulled in I was already out with both licenses and insurance. His first question was do you have it on you? And my reply was "of course" right side just behind the hip under the Tee. He just handed back CHL and said leave it there. all in all not a bad experiance maybe $500 to fix mine.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Well had to happen at some point

Post by AEA »

That maneuver is really scary, I did the same thing not long ago and it was a motorcycle in the 2nd lane that turned in front of me as I continued straight!
Fortunately, I was slow on the takeoff and the motorcycle was fast and got around me before I went thru the intersection.
I gotta pay more attention to these newfangled lane usage markings. :oops:

Glad you all are OK and only a few bux were spent. Good to hear about the professionalism of the Ft. Worth Police WRT CHL holders. :thumbs2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The markings or signs can be tricky. Sometimes they are on the pavement. The signs can be on a post on the left or hanging with the traffic lights or both or all three. I also try to check each time I come to an intersection because I've noticed a few that have changed in recent years. Some where there used to be two left turn lanes changed to only one turn lane that can also go straight. That one got a little hairy the first couple of times until I noticed the new signs.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I had the same accident on Central in Dallas...the arrows were there, but, with the improper location of my head, I missed them and went straight...the little gal with a new car to my right took her optional left turn...and my insurance fixed her car...I look for them better since...

Topic author
5thGenTexan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 5thGenTexan »

My problem was I never exit at that point going east bound and the west bound is single turn at the first light so I just kinda figured both sides would be the same. Guess my assumption got me.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”