Dallas police officer unclear on a few principles

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Dallas police officer unclear on a few principles

Post by seamusTX »

According to news reports, a Dallas police officer was arrested for drunk driving, aggravated assault, and possession of marijuana Sunday in Mesquite. The aggravated assault charge is for allegedly shooting at another vehicle.

The officer was not on duty at the time.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dalla ... 519774.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/29 ... ficer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

speedsix

Re: Dallas police officer unclear on a few principles

Post by speedsix »

...that scum did more dishonor to the badge than all the cop-bashing comments on this board EVER could do...he should be in prison...

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I've known people who could be absolute saints when sober and turn into maniacs when drunk. If the allegations in this case are true, it might be one of those cases.

- Jim

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...the choices made while sober and not high caused the rest of it...he proved he doesn't have what it takes to deserve a badge...or a gun...the process will take care of all that...

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

george wrote:That kind of surprises me. The requirements for employment at a large department are a lot harder than the small local towns, at least they used to be.

...I've seen a stellar recruit go to prison for at least 7 rapes...people are people...some rotten ones slip by...

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

In vino veritas.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

seamusTX wrote:According to news reports, a Dallas police officer was arrested for drunk driving, aggravated assault, and possession of marijuana Sunday in Mesquite. The aggravated assault charge is for allegedly shooting at another vehicle.

The officer was not on duty at the time.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dalla ... 519774.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/29 ... ficer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

- Jim
It's no big deal..........just a little bit of boyish horseplay......... :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

The Annoyed Man wrote:It's no big deal..........just a little bit of boyish horseplay......... :roll:
Precisely, he'll be back on the job as soon as his paid vacation is over.

It's unclear when Mendoza returned to work after being placed on leave last summer. He'd been charged with domestic assault and unlawful restraint. A woman said after they'd been arguing, he knocked her on the ground, handcuffed her and threatened to send her to prison.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

george wrote:That kind of surprises me. The requirements for employment at a large department are a lot harder than the small local towns, at least they used to be.
Perhaps... but this IS Dallas. :roll:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Crossfire wrote:
Perhaps... but this IS Dallas. :roll:
Yep, same people that put up with John Wiley Price
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Voters can elect almost anyone. They elect dead people every now and then—knowing full well that the candidate is dead.

This guy, if the charges are proven true, is headed for a future career that involves a lawnmower or dirty dishes.

- Jim

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I forget, does alcohol suppress one's natural instincts or enhance them?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

C-dub wrote:I forget, does alcohol suppress one's natural instincts or enhance them?
Yes
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

These are the days of large departments, the specter of EEOC lawsuits, and quotas . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”