Harris County Constable Patrol Contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Harris County Constable Patrol Contact

Post by fickman »

Pulling into a vacant parking lot late at night in the suburbs growing up always invited a police contact. I could've been doing something as innocent as looking at a map, cleaning up spilled coffee, or trying to dial my mobile phone.

They usually used the "we've had a lot of burglaries in this area and all of these businesses are closed" justification.

They were mostly likely looking for:
- drunks
- drug deals
- teenaged romances

Right or wrong, most LEOs aren't Constitutional lawyers. Most of them are trying their best to find bad guys and inadvertently end up wasting the GGs time every now and then. I used to get angry the few times I got pulled over in high school and the first question they asked was, "How much have you had to drink tonight?" (I didn't have a drink until I was 25.)

On one occasion, she pulled me over for "making several legal, calculated lane changes in sequence that raised her suspicion." (I got on the freeway, blinkered my way one lane at a time to the left lane, went two miles, blinkered my way to the right lane, and exited. She pulled me over on the frontage road for driving too carefully. No ticket or warning issued.)

Another quick one: I got pulled over in front of my house for not signaling the turn onto our culdesac early enough. I used my blinker, but by the book, I did it a few dozen feet too late. The drinking question, a check of my ID, and a "have nice evening" later, I walked inside to explain the flashing lights to my parents.

Any excuse to make contact. Ahhhh, the suburbs.
Native Texian

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomtexan »

fickman wrote:Right or wrong, most LEOs aren't Constitutional lawyers. Most of them are trying their best to find bad guys and inadvertently end up wasting the GGs time every now and then. I used to get angry the few times I got pulled over in high school and the first question they asked was, "How much have you had to drink tonight?" (I didn't have a drink until I was 25.)
You should have returned with a question "How many donuts have you had to eat tonight?" "rlol"
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by steveincowtown »

tomtexan wrote:
fickman wrote:Right or wrong, most LEOs aren't Constitutional lawyers. Most of them are trying their best to find bad guys and inadvertently end up wasting the GGs time every now and then. I used to get angry the few times I got pulled over in high school and the first question they asked was, "How much have you had to drink tonight?" (I didn't have a drink until I was 25.)
You should have returned with a question "How many donuts have you had to eat tonight?" "rlol"

I know this is just a joke, but I find it a wee bit disrectful to LEOs on this board and in general.

There are a lot of good LEOs out there, a couple not as good, but I would hope we can show them the same respect we deserve! :tiphat:
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

No donuts but I just killed a cinnamon swirl coffee cake from Starbucks.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

talltex

Post by talltex »

gigag04 wrote:No donuts but I just killed a cinnamon swirl coffee cake from Starbucks.
:lol:
good one!
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

gigag04 wrote:No donuts but I just killed a cinnamon swirl coffee cake from Starbucks.
Sounds like you're getting paid too much...just teasing! :biggrinjester:

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

steveincowtown wrote:
tomtexan wrote:

I know this is just a joke, but I find it a wee bit disrectful to LEOs on this board and in general.

There are a lot of good LEOs out there, a couple not as good, but I would hope we can show them the same respect we deserve! :tiphat:
Donuts are legal so it's not even half as disrespectful as assuming a tax paying US citizen is driving drunk. :nono:

If you want respect, you should try giving a little. It works wonders. :tiphat:

A-R

Post by A-R »

Be polite, be profesional, but have a plan to kill every Starbucks pastry you meet :evil2:

:biggrinjester:

:cheers2:

A-R

Post by A-R »

recaffeination wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:
tomtexan wrote:

Donuts are legal so it's not even half as disrespectful as assuming a tax paying US citizen is driving drunk. :nono:

If you want respect, you should try giving a little. It works wonders. :tiphat:
How is that question (How much you had to drink?) disrespectful? That's a fairly standard late night traffic stop question.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

The odds are stacked in favor of alcohol playing at least an ancillary part in a late-night traffic stop. Most church choir practices have been over a for a while by the time 3am or 4am rolls around. Of course, as I type this I remember that I've signed up for adoration chappel tomorrow at 2am....
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

steveincowtown wrote:
tomtexan wrote:

steveincowtown, it was meant as a joke and judging by the replies following your comment, it appears it was taken that way. You might just be a wee bit too tightly wrapped.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by steveincowtown »

tomtexan wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:
tomtexan wrote:

steveincowtown, it was meant as a joke and judging by the replies following your comment, it appears it was taken that way. You might just be a wee bit too tightly wrapped.

Not a bit...if you ask my girlfriend she will tell you that I am not wrapped tight enough!

....back on topic....
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”