Plano PD - Professional & Courteous

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
grumble
Posts in topic: 2

Plano PD - Professional & Courteous

Post by grumble »

Had just gotten off work at about 7:15pm and I guess I was in a bit of a hurry to get home. Got pulled over by an officer from Plano PD as I was headed north on Coit between Parker & Spring Creek. The officer was as professional and courteous as he could be. The amount of the infraction warranted a ticket, but I only received a verbal warning. Needless to say I'm very happy with the encounter. The young man even made mention that he appreciated how I handled the stop and that it makes him less apprehensive once he sees the CHL. A small amount of chit-chat and I was on my way. This particular Plano PD officer gets two thumbs up.

Now a question for the LEO's: I was heading north on Coit when he pulled in behind me and lit me up. Since Coit is a major thoroughfare, I slowed and proceeded to turn right at the next residential street, then pulled over when he had room to pull in behind me. My thought process was to get out of the heavy traffic flow where it would be safer for all involved. Now as I said, the officer was pleasant and didn't give me any indication that I'd done anything wrong. After getting home, I began to wonder if me turning onto the side street could have been viewed as being LESS safe for the officer? I was always taught to "get stuff out of the way of moving traffic" but, especially in the dark, could this have added some level of concern to him?

Thoughts are appreciated. And yes, I was asked if I was armed, I replied "yes sir, in my right waistband" -and no he didn't make any further mention or ask me to disarm.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Plano PD - Professional & Courteous

Post by Ed4032 »

This is very typical of the Plano cops. The best there is in my opinion.

Not sure about the turn onto a residental street.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Glad you had a good encounter.

As for where you stopped, unless you drove a considerable distance and passed open parking lots to pull into then you did the right thing. They have a good spotlight and if you have the window down, dome light on, ID's in hand and both hands in plain view when they approach, then all should be good.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
grumble
Posts in topic: 2

Post by grumble »

Keith B wrote:Glad you had a good encounter.

As for where you stopped, unless you drove a considerable distance and passed open parking lots to pull into then you did the right thing. They have a good spotlight and if you have the window down, dome light on, ID's in hand and both hands in plain view when they approach, then all should be good.
Thanks, Keith - it would have been a good encounter even if I had been ticketed. They get kudos.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

gemini

Post by gemini »

Guys are so fast to post stuff here...... anyway, if this is already mentioned it's worth mentioning again.
I just watched a story on the channel 11 5:00 news. Seems a Plano PD officer stopped a guy for out of date
registration, the guy has 2 kids, is having trouble feeding kids and making bills etc. The officer wrote the guy a ticket,
but, inside the folded ticket was a $100 bill...... to help the guy out. Wow! Super nice gesture.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

You should add your experience to the following poll/thread.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

I grew up in East Plano (Park and Shilo) from 73-91 before I left for the AF. Great city!! I would agree that they are very courteous. But, to add to that, I can't say that I have ever really had any issues with any PD. I've seen and read many stories though... I know most will agree that the experience, most of the time, is driven by the occupants of the automobile and not the officer.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”