reverse LE contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

reverse LE contact

Postby mikedude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Contacts go both ways so I have to share a true story.

Don't be the guy that has been drinking that comes up to a uniformed deputy in a bar, saying "I have your back, I have my CHL." :hurry:
mikedude
Member deactivated at member's request

Re: reverse LE contact

Postby The Marshal » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Muahhahaha!
The Marshal

Postby The Annoyed Man » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:48 pm

mikedude wrote:Contacts go both ways so I have to share a true story.

Don't be the guy that has been drinking that comes up to a uniformed deputy in a bar, saying "I have your back, I have my CHL." :hurry:

Please tell me it wasn't you.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself." — Me
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." — H. L. Mencken
"A ragamuffin knows he’s only a beggar at the door of God’s mercy." — The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning
The Annoyed Man

Postby srothstein » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 pm

TAM, from the title "reverse contact", I am guessing he was the uniformed deputy.
Steve Rothstein
srothstein

Postby mikedude » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:36 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:

No I was not the subject with the CHL - I was the uniformed deputy. For the record he was given a verbal warning about being stupid as he was not "drunk" yet.
mikedude

Postby C-dub » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm

mikedude wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

No I was not the subject with the CHL - I was the uniformed deputy. For the record he was given a verbal warning about being stupid as he was not "drunk" yet.

I suspect you are not the first to issue this warning to him. He has probably been hearing it for years.
"Immediate necessity makes many things convenient, which if continued would grow into oppressions." Thomas Paine, 1776
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan, January 20, 1981, Inaugural Address
C-dub

Postby mikedude » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:15 am

C-dub wrote:
mikedude wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I suspect you are not the first to issue this warning to him. He has probably been hearing it for years.

I doubt that. I am a pretty good judge of character. I guess I could have hooked him up, turned him in, ect. Stats like that are not good for the CHL program, which I believe in. (I even have one, but I don't need it.) This particular contact was in a different state with VERY Stringent CHL laws and he would have lost it, no question. I think the lecture was more justified.
mikedude

Postby The Annoyed Man » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:25 am

mikedude wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Thank you. I did not know at the time you posted the OP that you are an LEO.....hence my response.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself." — Me
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." — H. L. Mencken
"A ragamuffin knows he’s only a beggar at the door of God’s mercy." — The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning
The Annoyed Man

Return to LEO Contacts & Bloopers