SA Marshall traffic stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Skully
Posts in topic: 3

SA Marshall traffic stop

Post by Skully »

I was pulled over by a San Antonio City Marshall recently on the way to work. He said I was doing 83 in a 65 but had no radar, laser and did not pace me. After being pulled over I agreed that I was speeding, was respectful, and handed over my DL and CHL. I received a warning but was told he put a note in the computer that I was speeding and driving aggressively. I said thanks and did not argue about the aggressive driving accusation but was pretty irritated about it.

I'm curious about the "note" in the computer. Anyone have any ideas as to how this works.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SA Marshall traffic stop

Post by suthdj »

Skully wrote:I was pulled over by a San Antonio City Marshall recently on the way to work. He said I was doing 83 in a 65 but had no radar, laser and did not pace me. After being pulled over I agreed that I was speeding, was respectful, and handed over my DL and CHL. I received a warning but was told he put a note in the computer that I was speeding and driving aggressively. I said thanks and did not argue about the aggressive driving accusation but was pretty irritated about it.

I'm curious about the "note" in the computer. Anyone have any ideas as to how this works.
My kid that has many a run in with the police has allot of his interactions with the police logged in their database he said he saw it one time when he had an interaction and the officer pulled it up. So my guess is anytime they interact with somebody they log it.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

It will just show you that you received a verbal warning. After so long it will be expunged. Nothing to worry about unless u get stopped again. All that will do, if they run you for local contacts, is show a prior contact and show that you already had one warning.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

He logged it into the call history. Only a edible by his agency and maybe SAPD If they are integrated. He could have been stopping you based on someone else's PC. How did you know he didn't have radar?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Skully

Post by Skully »

gigag04 wrote: How did you know he didn't have radar?
His car wasn't equipped with it.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Skully wrote:
gigag04 wrote: How did you know he didn't have radar?
His car wasn't equipped with it.
FYi during traffic enforcement others can radar and call it in. You could have even been paced by an unmarked. W/O him telling you won't know. U got a warning so all is good.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

What if he had a lidar gun that he got you with and then put down? Not all cars have the window mounted units with the big white dome.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

gregthehand wrote:What if he had a lidar gun that he got you with and then put down? Not all cars have the window mounted units with the big white dome.
This. We even have handheld radars.

I don't work speed so meh. But they're there.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I used to have a hand-held radar gun...those were the days...they are a ton of fun!

fickman

Post by fickman »

PUCKER wrote:I used to have a hand-held radar gun...those were the days...they are a ton of fun!
Radar? Won't work on my car... I drive a sweet IROC Camaro that I wash and wax at least once a week.

:mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
Native Texian

Tass

Post by Tass »

The county park where I used to work was home to the Constable Mounted Patrol division...back in the day one of the mounted guys would park his horse off the main road just a bit by the tree line with a hand held radar and call the speeds in to a car unit just down the road out of sight. A few times if there were kids in the car the mounted deputy would ride up and visit. (Took their jobs seriously, but these 2 particular deputies just liked to be in a good mood...they were more likely to give a warning and send you on your way laughing)

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

I remember when I lived in North Carolina, I was driving east on I-40 after Memorial Day weekend. At one point, we passed a state trooper who was parked on the shoulder (maybe it the median, I don't remember) with his car facing traffic. At first I thought that was odd. About a mile up the road, I saw six cruisers lined up on the shoulder, all facing the right direction. Just beyond them were several more officers who had puller drivers over and were issuing tickets. I noticed the same phenomenon across the median in the west-bound shoulder. Another mile up, I saw a lone trooper facing east in the west-bound shoulder. That's when it all clicked...

The lone trooper was running radar and getting the plates on speeding vehicles, then radioing ahead to the group of troopers. The troopers up ahead would then take turns pulling over the offenders. After writing a ticket, the trooper would continue up the road to the next the get off, turn around, and work the other side of the road. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Topic author
Skully

Post by Skully »

We were both mobile when I was flagged for speeding so no laser or old school radar gun would be possible. I also forget to mention my 9500ix was silent. I've never know the SA marshalls to run traffic at all. The Precint 3 constables are notorious in this particular area for heavy traffic enforcement.

I was speeding and admitted to it and deserved a ticket. He was gracious enough not to give me a ticket and I appreciate that. My point was that I was speeding, not driving aggresively, and I wanted more information about notes that are now in a computer database.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”