Saturday Night encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
PvilleStang
Posts in topic: 3

Saturday Night encounter

Post by PvilleStang »

So to start this off, I was legally in the wrong here, and given the number of times I've broken the law while driving, it's probably Karma catching up, but:

A friend's wife is turning 31 today, so we had a different kind of birthday party. We all met at a bar on the northern part of Burnet Rd, and were given two clothes pins. Head south, stop in at 5 additional stops, provide proof, and make it to the final stop, Draught Haus, with the most clothes pins, and you win. Well, this was a great idea, and I we had a minimum of 3 CHL holders with us, if not more. Well, luckily, my team was the only team to make contact with APD. I ensured all three guys I knew with CHL's had no guns on them, and thus no alcohol / guns violations. Our group of 4 guys were stopped by the friendly neighborhood LEO's and detained for roughly 20 minutes, and cited for JAYWALKING. No one was hurt, no one was drunk, just cited for crossing midblock. During our 20 minute stint, we had two additional black and whites show up, and all 4 officers on the scene were friendly, and the citing officer was even apologetic, stating that he had no choice but to cite, due to our Kaiser Acevedo :reddevil in charge of APD. We saw an old lady even jaywalk across the same spot we were cited for, and the youngest looking of the officers was about to go cite her, and I joked to the one officer, "Hey, can we cite that officer for jaywalking, too, if he goes to get her?" and he laughed and told the young guy to forget it.

All in all, this was a good encounter, but with a city who constantly rants about being understaffed, and who took 3 hours to respond to a vehicle break-in with $2000+ worth of tools stolen from one of those three CHL holders present Saturday night, they really need to reconsider their priorities. And a $190 fine for crossing the street... :mad5

Kaiser Acevedo :reddevil has stated that since last year we had the highest number of traffic fatalities in the Austin area in recent history, that he is requiring a much higher citation percentage per contact. Last year, they said they cited roughly 20% of the time, and he's wanting 80%+ citations now. Glad he's got his minions out citing for crossing outside of a crosswalk, instead of protecting a community against criminals. You know, the alarmingly high rate of house break-ins we're currently seeing locally, or the street racing scene, pan handlers, drug dealers, prostitution ring about 3 miles from where we were at... I could go on!

Sorry, I'm just a little peeved about the nerve of some self-righteous, modern-day carpet bagger from California imposing his constitutionally-questionable morals on the citizens of Austin. If this doesn't get dismissed, you can bet I will be taking my business elsewhere, costing the city every dollar they made off me in tax revenue. </rant>
Hook 'em!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Saturday Night encounter

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Blame the mayor and city council. Anybody who came from California to be chief of a large city's PD necessarily was chief of a large PD in California. This necessarily makes that person a liberal, since there are no large cities in California with conservative governments. Acevido was probably not the only guy under consideration for the job. But he WAS probably the only guy under consideration from a liberal California municipality. Thus, he was probably chosen for that reason, Austin being the place that it is.

In the meantime, write a letter to the editor at the Austin American Statesman (is that the name of the local commie rag?) and ask if Acevido thinks it possible that your friend's $2,000 theft required a 3 hour response time because APD officers were occupied writing jaywalking tickets.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
PvilleStang

Post by PvilleStang »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Blame the mayor and city council. Anybody who came from California to be chief of a large city's PD necessarily was chief of a large PD in California. This necessarily makes that person a liberal, since there are no large cities in California with conservative governments. Acevido was probably not the only guy under consideration for the job. But he WAS probably the only guy under consideration from a liberal California municipality. Thus, he was probably chosen for that reason, Austin being the place that it is.

In the meantime, write a letter to the editor at the Austin American Statesman (is that the name of the local commie rag?) and ask if Acevido thinks it possible that your friend's $2,000 theft required a 3 hour response time because APD officers were occupied writing jaywalking tickets.
Oh, I do blame them too. Notice Travis is one of three BLUE counties in Texas (William B. Travis must be rolling over in his grave). Banning the plastic shopping bags, smoking bans inside and out, money reparations paid to people who bought houses next to a powerplant that was there 20 years before anyone developed adjacent.

As for writing the Austin American Spaceman: Great idea, but I doubt they'll ever let something like that see the light of day. Now I do have a few friends between KTBC Fox 7 and KEYE 42 that do enjoy seeing government waste / oversight / overspending. Four officers, 3 partrol vehicles, 20 minutes for four citations. That might make a stink. Waiting to see if a buddy in the prosecutor's office can dismiss / reduce before taking that drastic of a step.
Hook 'em!

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCannon »

I'm not fond of Acevedo at all, but most APD officers are great folks. The problem is that Austin has had a significantly higher-than-average number of pedestrian deaths (mostly from idiots crossing highways at night). Not saying I agree with what they're doing, but it's definitely a problem.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/loca ... -hi/nS97J/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

fickman

Post by fickman »

PvilleStang wrote:Kaiser Acevedo :reddevil has stated that since last year we had the highest number of traffic fatalities in the Austin area in recent history, that he is requiring a much higher citation percentage per contact.
(The student in this video was thankfully OK.)

Other video warnings:
- I heard a foul word or two in the background.

- This clip is overrun with t-sips, which most decent people with proper upbringings will find objectionable. :biggrinjester:

[youtube][/youtube]
Native Texian

Topic author
PvilleStang

Post by PvilleStang »

Hey, not all of us are hippies following the newest trending internet memes (in this case, the flash mob). He was just doing his impression of the last time A&M played Texas.
Hook 'em!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PvilleStang wrote:Hey, not all of us are hippies following the newest trending internet memes (in this case, the flash mob). He was just doing his impression of the last time A&M played Texas.
He was imitating OU and Alabama playing A&M. No Aggie would have been dumb enough to jump in front of a bus. That takes a special kind of stupid. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

fickman

Post by fickman »

PvilleStang wrote:Hey, not all of us are hippies following the newest trending internet memes (in this case, the flash mob). He was just doing his impression of the last time A&M played Texas.
hahaha. . . don't let me get you riled. I'm nothing more than a t-shirt Aggie fan whose primary allegiance is to Nawth Texas and the Mean Green!
Native Texian

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Acevedo came from the California Highway Patrol, which is largely a traffic enforcement agency vs. normal police agency.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”