Collin County Deputy Richard Fields

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Collin County Deputy Richard Fields

Post by Rrash »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/collin/f ... fb=y&can=n

I found out about Dickie's death yesterday, and wanted to share it on here for anyone that knew him. Dickie served a lot at school athletic events in Collin County and at our church as a security officer. He and his wife of 38 years were killed in a house fire. The cause is still under investigation, but it looks to be lightning related. They were married 38 years.

I was not a personal friend, but talked with him every week at church, and always enjoyed our conversations. Everyone I have talked to that knew him has shared similar accounts, as he really was a guy who cared about the people he served. He would talk with adults and children alike, giving special attention to everyone.

PM me if you would like more information regarding arrangements, donation info, etc., and I will share what I hear as I get it.
Last edited by Rrash on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Collin County Deputy Richard Fields

Post by jmra »

Very sad. Hope they died of smoke inhalation. I couldn't imagine being burned alive.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

texanjoker

Re: Collin County Deputy Richard Fields

Post by texanjoker »

Tragic.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”