Great Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
fatmanonabike
Posts in topic: 1

Great Stop

Post by fatmanonabike »

I was heading into work for a call out about 10:30PM on a Thursday night. I was eastbound on BW-8 south just past I-45. Lights in the rear view was my first clue. This was my first stop as a CHL holder, in a company truck. Per the instructions of a LEO, in my CHL class, I had both hands on the wheel palms up with my TDL and CHL in my left hand. He asked if I was carrying and I said no. He explained I had no tail lights. I then realized I was driving by my daytime running lights, as I had switched them from automatic (yeah , I'm an idiot). He laughed and said he pulls over drunks all night. He ran my license, returned my license and sent me on my way. No ticket, my first ever freebie.

Reserve161

Re: Great Stop

Post by Reserve161 »

:clapping:
PRIDE HONOR INTEGRITY

strider67

Re: Great Stop

Post by strider67 »

No ticket = good stop every time!
fatmanonabike wrote: He asked if I was carrying and I said no.
Not carrying due to company policy? Just curious... :tiphat:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”