Active duty soldier disarmed by Temple cop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Laneman
Posts in topic: 1

Active duty soldier disarmed by Temple cop

Post by Laneman »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is very upsetting, Temple is 30 minutes from my ranch. A dad/active duty soldier was hiking with his son. He had an AR15 slung on his shoulder in case of coyotes. The cop asked him why he was carrying a rifle. The man responded with "do I need a reason", and that was it. Rifle was confiscated, man was charged with "rudely displaying a weapon". Now I don't know every detail, such as was he in a neighborhood or out on the trail, but based on the video he should not have been disarmed.

I support the police and admire what they do for us, but this was uncalled for in my opinion. I also believe the citizen's rights were grossly violated and that he should seek legal recourse.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Active duty soldier disarmed by Temple cop

Post by C-dub »

Running here.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”