Pulled over for the 2nd time in 4 days.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Pulled over for the 2nd time in 4 days.

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Earlier this evening i was pulled over for the second time in four days. Both times I was doing about 10 over the speed limit. Both times I thought I was doing the speed limit. The roads had a limit of 40 that shifts to 30 for a small stretch (different roads, different cities, different vehicles). Both stops seemed, to me, to be fishing expeditions. The officers asked me some personal questions that, in my opinion, didn't relate to the stop. Both stops occurred after 10PM. I have a bit of a checkered driving history. I used to be heck on wheels and have several moving violations on my record. I've gone almost a year without an incident and i'm trying to keep it that way. I'm hoping this doesn't become a recurring occurrence.
:txflag:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled over for the 2nd time in 4 days.

Post by RJGold »

It doesn't surprise me you were pulled over for 10 over after 10PM and it seemed like a "fishing expedition". I was pulled over between Mobile and Pasgagoula not long ago because the trooper thought I drifted into the rumble strips. It was after 10 for me as well. I think those sorts of stops are designed to try and find drunk or impaired drivers. I wasn't cited for anything and the 5 minute conversation with the trooper didn't bother me.

The only way to keep it from becoming a regular occurence is to not give them a reason to target you in the first place.

My two cents.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Fishing expedition ? 10 mph over will get you stopped most of the time. Don't wanna get stopped, slow down.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

jmra

Post by jmra »

I never get pulled over after 10pm. Of course I'm almost always in bed by 9:30.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

bulinm wrote:Fishing expedition ? 10 mph over will get you stopped most of the time. Don't wanna get stopped, slow down.
:iagree:
:patriot: :txflag:
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ajwakeboarder »

bulinm wrote:Fishing expedition ? 10 mph over will get you stopped most of the time. Don't wanna get stopped, slow down.
That's true, I try to drive the speed limit now. However both of these roads are 40 mph with certain spots that are 30. both times i missed the speed changes to 30. I've lived in Waco for the past 2 years and haven't quite caught up with all the road changes yet. What they have done in grapevine for example is mindblowing.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”