Looking down the business end of an AR15

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Target1911
Posts in topic: 3

Looking down the business end of an AR15

Post by Target1911 »

MOMENT at work tonight.......looking down the barrel of an AR15.....behind it was a HALTOM CITY POLICE OFFICER. Come to find out there was more than one pointed at me. I had called 911 on a guy for, among other things, pushing his girl around and threatening other people. Before the cops got there threatened to shoot any cop that showed up. So I called them back to inform them of the threats and gave them an updated description of him. I walked to the entrance of the apartment complex to meet the cops and tell them where he was. I never seen them pull up. The description of the guy was...wht male..black shirt and black pants. It just so happens that was also MY description. .. dohhh. Cop comes around back of vehicle (on my blind side) I was by..rifle pointed at me and yells PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!!!!!!!I start reaching for the stars and may have touched a couple. He realized quickly I was one that called but for his safety still patted me down as explained where all of my weapons were located on me. By then there were several more cops around. I explain in detail exactly where they guy is...what he is wearing and about the other people with him. They spread out...move in...and take him down. IT WAS AWESOME TO WATCH. They came back to me...thanked me greatly...we shake hands...and they apologized. .. My reply was...don't worry about it. You did the right thing and y'all are top notch. We even stood around a few minutes and swapped a few stories. HALTOM CITY LEO are great people. I've never had a foul moment dealing with them. Keep up the good work_____________
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking down the business end of an AR15

Post by Beiruty »

Wow! Where you carrying when patted down?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Great story! Loved the line about touching a couple of stars. .
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Well...I was carrying a Benchmade fixed blade and benchmade barrage along with pepper spray. But I goofed and let my chl expire and waiting for it now so I did not have my pistol on me. I am almost thankfull for that.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Note to self, if I call the police on someone make sure I'm not wearing anything similar when the police arrive!!! I bet that is etched in your brain now.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:Note to self, if I call the police on someone make sure I'm not wearing anything similar when the police arrive!!! I bet that is etched in your brain now.
Just put your CHL sash and tiara on, and you'll be fine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:Note to self, if I call the police on someone make sure I'm not wearing anything similar when the police arrive!!! I bet that is etched in your brain now.
If your CHL has expired, wearing your sash and tiara places you at the mercy of the fashion police.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
If your CHL has expired, wearing your sash and tiara places you at the mercy of the fashion police.

Anygunanywhere
Yes, but they carry clutch purses and pumps, not AR15s. I suppose you could get slapped and called "Miss Thing" if you're not careful.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Anygunanywhere
Yes, but they carry clutch purses and pumps, not AR15s. I suppose you could get slapped and called "Miss Thing" if you're not careful.
TAM, NO ONE wears the sash/tiara anymore. That is sooo yesterday. Trendy CHL'rs sport the modern black, tactical baseball cap that reads "CHL: GUN ON BOARD". Sometimes they accessorize with a matching leather vest to complete the vigilante look.

Keep up with the fasion trends.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

The Annoyed Man

jayinsat wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Anygunanywhere
TAM, NO ONE wears the sash/tiara anymore. That is sooo yesterday. Trendy CHL'rs sport the modern black, tactical baseball cap that reads "CHL: GUN ON BOARD". Sometimes they accessorize with a matching leather vest to complete the vigilante look.

Keep up with the fasion trends.
:lol: I'm old. I have no more fashion sense. It's liberating. I wear whatever I want now.

To the OP.....sorry about hijacking your thread. I have a question..... I am curious, were the clothing descriptions you've provided a work uniform, or did both you and the BG just happen to be wearing the same colors by happenstance? I guess what I'm asking is if the BG was a coworker of yours or just some random dude. As I recall, you're a tow-truck operator, and the one time we met (you sold me a rifle bipod a long time ago), I recall that you were wearing dark clothing, but it was at night at a Shell station near my house and I can't remember if it was "uniform-type" clothing or just dark jeans and a black t-shirt.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Sorry for the delay.....notifications don't work all the time.
Yes I drive a tow truck and you have a great memory.
He was a random guy.
I was wearing my work shirt.....a black t shirt with company name and logo on left pocket area.....and black shorts.
I did tell the disp my description while on my way to the gate but it was a little windy out and I think she was more focused on the threat and may not have heard me. I was not thinking or I would have made DARN sure she heard me.
YES it is forever burned into my head now.

I have spoken with several of the Haltom dispatchers since.....we have laughed about it but also realized where WE went wrong and know to be more careful in the future.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”