Stopped while carrying reloading supplies

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stopped while carrying reloading supplies

Post by VMI77 »

nyj wrote:
McKnife wrote:Just say no to searches.

Never waive your rights.

No need for friendly conversation or unrelated questions because their only goal is to arrest. Get your ticket and be on your way.
Bingo.
That might be the case most of the time but not all of the time. Recently had an officer follow my wife when she left the bank parking lot --after having observed her vehicle for a few minutes. She was a little nervous wondering if she'd done something wrong. When she made her next stop he pulled up and signaled her to roll down her window. Turned out, he'd been admiring our recently adopted dog, and just wanted to know more about her --breed, age, etc., and said he was a K9 officer about to get a new dog himself. No probing questions, no requests to make a search.....just curious about the dog.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LAYGO »

Keith B wrote:No, he was arrested for having an illegal club in his car. It was wood and not rubber as you stated. It was used by a friend during halloween and the friend was dressed as Fidel Castro. Nothing to do with a costume, was related to illegal club only.
For clarification, it was the friend's club, not mine. He left it at our apartment & we were going to return it to him. He was not borrowing it from me.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

LAYGO wrote:
Keith B wrote:No, he was arrested for having an illegal club in his car. It was wood and not rubber as you stated. It was used by a friend during halloween and the friend was dressed as Fidel Castro. Nothing to do with a costume, was related to illegal club only.
For clarification, it was the friend's club, not mine. He left it at our apartment & we were going to return it to him. He was not borrowing it from me.
Yeah, that's what they ALL say. ;-)

Unfortunately it doesn't matter as you were the one in possession and got hit with the charge.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LAYGO »

Keith B wrote:
LAYGO wrote:
Yeah, that's what they ALL say. ;-)

Unfortunately it doesn't matter as you were the one in possession and got hit with the charge.
Ya ya ya, I know, but it is the deity of your choice's honest truth.

My lawyer couldn't come up with any valid defense & there really isn't one, but how do 2 people come up with the same answer who are separated by distance and me cuffed/locked in a vehicle? Sometime it IS the truth, but circumstances being what they were, he felt obligated to arrest me. I take blame for my part & a costly error at that. Those that fail to learn from their past are destined to repeat it. I have learned, my tags are current now! My insurance card is easily found (now they know if you have it before you hand them the paper).

I just hope that when I have another encounter with an LEO, my CHL helps put them at ease to know I'm not a bad person.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”