Stopped while carrying reloading supplies

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TheCytochromeC
Posts in topic: 2

Stopped while carrying reloading supplies

Post by TheCytochromeC »

I was stopped for speeding in an undisclosed small Texas town a little over a week ago. The officer that stopped me walk up to the window as I have my documents and licenses ready. My eyes widened a bit as she took off the aviators she was wearing. Oh yes, she was cute. She asked where "it" was and if I had anything else of which she should be aware. I told her I have a rifle and other stuff in the trunk that don't constitute ammo... yet. She asked if she could take a look in my trunk at the supplies and I accepted. She told me I was awfully young to be reloading. I told her it's never too late for now. She asked a few general questions and I guess my answers were sufficient enough for her to say, " Ok so you know more about this (reloading) than me." I told her it all comes with time and isn't terribly difficult. She began asking me a bunch of questions in a very familiar manner; what does my family (whom I was going to visit) does, where I went to school, what degree I got, what I do for a living, how many guns I own (not enough was my reply), what I shoot. She told me to wait by the car. I was thinking to myself, " You're either getting a number or a ticket." I got a ticket. Shucks...

McKnife
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stopped while carrying reloading supplies

Post by McKnife »

Just say no to searches.

Never waive your rights.

No need for friendly conversation or unrelated questions because their only goal is to arrest. Get your ticket and be on your way.
:coolgleamA:

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

did you get her number ?

thats a lot of questions just for speeding :nono:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Fishing............and she hooked you.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Hook, Line, and Sinker!

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

powerboatr wrote:did you get her number ?
Badge number :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

nyj

Post by nyj »

McKnife wrote:Just say no to searches.

Never waive your rights.

No need for friendly conversation or unrelated questions because their only goal is to arrest. Get your ticket and be on your way.
Bingo.

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by drjoker »

If you did nothing illegal (that you know of) and she was asking questions that were personal, always answer, "I don't know," and then turn around and as HER the same quesion (with a smile, don't be a donkey). Never consent to a search. This is because although most officers are good people, some are just looking to pad their arrest records at YOUR expense. Another member of the forum was stopped, consented to a search and the officer found a Halloween costume (Hamburglar) with a fake rubber club. The officer said it was an illegal club and arrested him on a WEAPONS charge. It took a fortune in lawyer's fees to fight this off and he might not be able to get a CHL because of this. There are literally millions of felony punishable laws on the books. Statistics show that you commit at least a felony a day, unkowningly.

Just ask her the questions she asked you with a smile and ask her out on a date. Don't be a statistic.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I know I shouldn't,,, But ok I'll bite at the treble hook
drjoker wrote: Another member of the forum was stopped, consented to a search and the officer found a Halloween costume (Hamburglar) with a fake rubber club. The officer said it was an illegal club and arrested him on a WEAPONS charge. It took a fortune in lawyer's fees to fight this off and he might not be able to get a CHL because of this.
What member? Have a link to the discussion?
And yes I did a search.. the key word Hamburglar returned three hits, your post, my quote of your post and one on a LEO impersonator demanding free McDonalds....:lol:
drjoker wrote: There are literally millions of felony punishable laws on the books. Statistics show that you commit at least a felony a day, unkowningly.
By chance do you have a link to the site that shows these stats? and or a cite ?

Thanks
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

E.Marquez wrote:I know I shouldn't,,, But ok I'll bite at the treble hook
drjoker wrote: Another member of the forum was stopped, consented to a search and the officer found a Halloween costume (Hamburglar) with a fake rubber club. The officer said it was an illegal club and arrested him on a WEAPONS charge. It took a fortune in lawyer's fees to fight this off and he might not be able to get a CHL because of this.
And yes I did a search.. the key word Hamburglar returned three hits, your post, my quote of your post and one on a LEO impersonator demanding free McDonalds....:lol:
drjoker wrote: There are literally millions of felony punishable laws on the books. Statistics show that you commit at least a felony a day, unkowningly.
By chance do you have a link to the site that shows these stats? and or a cite ?

Thanks
Arrested for Hamburlar outfit:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38798&hilit=addiso ... st#p464419

Wall Street Journal = you commit THREE felonies per day, on average:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 60842.html

Amazon.com - free online cliff notes summary plus you can buy the book if you want the whole story;
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Da ... 1594035229

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

drjoker wrote: Thanks

Amazon.com - free online cliff notes summary plus you can buy the book if you want the whole story;
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Da ... 1594035229[/quote]

No, he was arrested for having an illegal club in his car. It was wood and not rubber as you stated. It was used by a friend during halloween and the friend was dressed as Fidel Castro. Nothing to do with a costume, was related to illegal club only.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

drjoker wrote:

Thanks

Thanks..
So
1: It was not an arrest for a halloween costume and a fake nightstick.
2: A single published author, who wants you to buy his book claims something ....Got it.

It's interesting and I may buy and read his book,, just to see how he comes to the conclusion he does.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

E.Marquez wrote:
drjoker wrote:

Thanks

Thanks..
So
1: It was not an arrest for a halloween costume and a fake nightstick.
2: A single published author, who wants you to buy his book claims something ....Got it.

It's interesting and I may buy and read his book,, just to see how he comes to the conclusion he does.
Yes, that WSJ article isn't even a stretch to get ya there and I bet the book is more tin foil hat. Has not been a popular book since being published.

You know what they say, 89.4% of all statistics are made up on the fly. :biggrinjester:

Now I just have to turn myself in for all the felonies I commit in a day. KeithB, can I turn myself in to you? :cheers2:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RX8er wrote:Now I just have to turn myself in for all the felonies I commit in a day. KeithB, can I turn myself in to you? :cheers2:
Yes, consider yourself arrested. Now, your punishment is 50 lashes with a wet string.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Keith B wrote:
drjoker wrote:

No, he was arrested for having an illegal club in his car. It was wood and not rubber as you stated. It was used by a friend during halloween and the friend was dressed as Fidel Castro. Nothing to do with a costume, was related to illegal club only.
Sorry, hazy memory. I guess I remembered wrong when I recalled a rubber nightstick and a hamburglar costume.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”