Quebec LEO gal ND's her 9MM into leg, attempts coverup.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Quebec LEO gal ND's her 9MM into leg, attempts coverup.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/15 ... n-the-leg/

A Quebec policewoman was shot in the leg and lead her LEO peers to believe that she was shot by
a criminal. A long search of the area did not result in finding any suspect or any gun, but a big overtime bill for the LEO's.

Other police investigators noted that the policewoman's 9MM service pistol was short 1 bullet from its magazine.
It was further noted that the bullet wound was in her leg, below her holster, consistent with a negligent discharge
by the officer herself.

The photo that is in the link above shows a Springfield Armory XDM, but there is no actual statement in the story as
to what her service pistol was.

Do you think she'll be fired for this?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

texanjoker

Re: Quebec LEO gal ND's her 9MM into leg, attempts coverup.

Post by texanjoker »

She better be. Once you lie, you loose credibility and will be torn up in court. She should have sucked it up that she had an AD and dealt with her peers.

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

If she is ever involved in a shooting the lawyers will eat her alive over this. I doubt she'll be fired but she will certainly face some serious disciplinary action.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

scud runner

Post by scud runner »

C'est Quebec.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

Officer shoots self in negligent discharge....embarrassing. Officer lies to cover it up....untrustworthy. What other lies will that officer tell in the future any time she thinks she is in a compromising situation?

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

olafpfj wrote:If she is ever involved in a shooting the lawyers will eat her alive over this. I doubt she'll be fired but she will certainly face some serious disciplinary action.

Where I retired from you could do a lot and face discipline. The minute you lied about anything you were terminated. That is a good policy for any LE agency.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
olafpfj wrote:If she is ever involved in a shooting the lawyers will eat her alive over this. I doubt she'll be fired but she will certainly face some serious disciplinary action.

Where I retired from you could do a lot and face discipline. The minute you lied about anything you were terminated. That is a good policy for any LE agency.
:iagree: once an officer loses the trust of the public and their department it's time to find another career.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

texanjoker wrote:

Yeah, how does an officer like that ever testify in court again without having their testimony thrown into question.

For that matter, everyone she has ever testified against now has a ready-made appeal.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

Jumping Frog wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

Yeah, how does an officer like that ever testify in court again without having their testimony thrown into question.

For that matter, everyone she has ever testified against now has a ready-made appeal.
Yep. Big can of worms. I'm willing to bet the department considers her too much of a liability. Burn her at the media stake as an example of the department ridding itself of corrupt officers.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SF18C

Post by SF18C »

texanjoker wrote:She better be. Once you lie, you loose credibility and will be torn up in court. She should have sucked it up that she had an AD and dealt with her peers.
I wonder if Obama plans to call her for a cabinet seat?
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

jmra

Post by jmra »

SF18C wrote:
texanjoker wrote:She better be. Once you lie, you loose credibility and will be torn up in court. She should have sucked it up that she had an AD and dealt with her peers.
I wonder if Obama plans to call her for a cabinet seat?
Only if she was running guns for Holder.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”