Pulled over leaving work

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 3

Pulled over leaving work

Post by Dirthawking »

I got pulled over last night after leaving work. Not even three blocks away. I was sitting at a red light when it happened so I was sure I did nothing wrong. My window is broken on the drivers side so I can not roll it down. I had my CHL and DL in my hand by the time the officer approached. Hands on the wheel and keys on the dash, interior dome light on. I told the officer the window was broke and asked if he would open my door. He did, and explained he pulled me over because the plates on the truck did not match the registration. He asked for my DL. I handed him both DL and CHL. Told him I was carrying and he asked where. Told him, and he asked again. Said thank you and handed my CHL back. Nothing else mentioned about it.

Turned out my father in law whom owns the truck never changed out the plates a couple years ago when he got them. This is his old farm truck (i.e. beat to heck truck).

Long story short, I made it home with no problems and searched for the correct plates. Found them in the tool box bolted to the bed. Sigh..... At least I got my first traffic stop with a CHL out of the way!
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

chuck j
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Pulled over leaving work

Post by chuck j »

I keep hearing people talk on this forum worrying about an officer tormenting you because you have a CHL , the opposite is more the truth . If you act responsible and use common sense an officer is actually more lenient because you have already submitted yourself to a background check and took the coarse , you have proven yourself to be a solid citizen by accepting the added responsibility of carrying . Most of those claiming the law will hassle you are just getting an argument going and they dont even have a CHL .

Panda
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Panda »

I don't know where you're from, chuckj, but here in Texas people don't take kindly to be called liars.

Please read rule 2. You agreed to follow it when you joined this forum.

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Panda wrote:I don't know where you're from, chuckj, but here in Texas people don't take kindly to be called liars.
I don't see anything in chuckj's post that can be construed as calling anyone a liar. But then again, Texan is only my second language.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:
Panda wrote:I don't know where you're from, chuckj, but here in Texas people don't take kindly to be called liars.
I don't see anything in chuckj's post that can be construed as calling anyone a liar. But then again, Texan is only my second language.
:iagree:

I think he was only speaking in generalities and not directly calling anyone anything.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Panda ,just checked back in and discovered I'm calling people liars , well yes I am . On practically every forum on the net there are people that exist on a forum to gain some type of strange sick satisfaction from deceiving and causing the members to argue amongst themselfs . Regular or 'normal' people do not usually look for these folks and in being helpful or trying to make the 'troll' see the truth there is a ridiculous conversation or argument involving other members .
I have only stated what I consider the truth .
As to my being a Texan , My great great grandfather settled a ranch on Bull Creek in the 1850's north of Austin, my grandfather cut ties for the first railroad in Texas he and his brother Buck drove cattle on the trail drives of the 1870's , my father was born in a dugout in 1901 , I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952 .
Whats your story ? If you have any doubts come on up to Wichita Falls and I'll buy you supper , we will talk , would be an excellent opportunity to expose me for the liar that I am .
chuck j

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Other members please continue on with Dirthawking's topic , sorry to interupt .

Topic author
Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

:banghead:
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Sorry but will not be challenged for being honest .

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chuck j wrote:I keep hearing people talk on this forum worrying about an officer tormenting you because you have a CHL , the opposite is more the truth . If you act responsible and use common sense an officer is actually more lenient because you have already submitted yourself to a background check and took the coarse , you have proven yourself to be a solid citizen by accepting the added responsibility of carrying . Most of those claiming the law will hassle you are just getting an argument going and they dont even have a CHL .

chuck j wrote:Panda ,just checked back in and discovered I'm calling people liars , well yes I am . On practically every forum on the net there are people that exist on a forum to gain some type of strange sick satisfaction from deceiving and causing the members to argue amongst themselfs . Regular or 'normal' people do not usually look for these folks and in being helpful or trying to make the 'troll' see the truth there is a ridiculous conversation or argument involving other members .
I have only stated what I consider the truth .
As to my being a Texan , My great great grandfather settled a ranch on Bull Creek in the 1850's north of Austin, my grandfather cut ties for the first railroad in Texas he and his brother Buck drove cattle on the trail drives of the 1870's , my father was born in a dugout in 1901 , I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952 .
Whats your story ? If you have any doubts come on up to Wichita Falls and I'll buy you supper , we will talk , would be an excellent opportunity to expose me for the liar that I am .
chuck j
Interesting exchange. For what it's worth, I was born in a private hospital in Casablanca, Morocco........in 1952. Got to Texas as soon as I could. I've had several encounters with LEOs since getting my first CHL, two of which involved my receiving a driving award. Actually, they were both "fix it" tickets. The other encounters involved police responding to a burglar alarm at my church, right at the moment I was arriving, a couple of police responses to burglar alarms in my own home, and an accident involving my wife. In all the interactions but one, the officer in question looked at my CHL, handed it back, and couldn't have cared less. In the one exception, the officer looked at my CHL, asked me if I was armed and where my gun was. (It was slung over my shoulder in a Maxpedition Fatboy-S.) I told him, and he asked me to keep my hands away from the bag. That was the last word in the matter.

Conversely, one of our members here had an unintentional failure to conceal. He was sitting in the waiting room of a tax office, and his shirt rode up as he stood up, exposing his mini-glock in an SOB holster. The soccer mom sitting behind him apparently got the vapors and made a MWAG call to the local 911. When our member left, still unawares of his "transgression," he made it all the way out to his car in the parking lot before a posse of Round Rock's finest (at least I recall that it was Round Rock, but I could be wrong about that) rolled up on him in multiple cars and actually drew down on him. He ultimately did not have to do the time, but he definitely did have to take the ride, and it cost him a lot of money.......his CHL notwithstanding.

Fact is, cops are people. Most of them by far are good and decent people. A small few of them are not. The few that are not good and decent people make the job more difficult for the majority that are, and life in general more difficult for the folks who pay their salaries—both in terms of being a waste of money, and in terms of abusive behavior toward the citizenry. And just like with cops, citizens are people. Most are decent and good. A few are not. Those that aren't make life harder for the rest of us. The microcosm of the CHL world is exactly like that. Most of us are good and decent. A small number are jerks.

So, when a good citizen/CHL has an unpleasant run in with a cop, is the citizen the jerk, or is the cop? No way to know for certain in most cases, but surely in a few of those cases, the cop is the problem, just as in some of those cases, the citizen is the problem. In such cases where both are jerks, it can get ugly fast.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

2. No personal attacks on other members - NONE! We can be respectful even in disagreement. If you're talking about the person rather than the issue, then the post will be deleted.
I see no "person" chuckj mentioned. I see no Personal attack on a member :tiphat:

I see some general comments, which BTW, I happen to agree with and believe to be true made by chuckj.

To the OP... wellp.. you ended up being ok.. good for you.. Another piece of proof that even honest folks can be found in violation of one or more laws...stopped and contacted by LEO's. Like most are, the one that stopped you had a good dose of common sense and realized no "crime" had been committed.. On your way you went. :cheers2:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

fickman

Post by fickman »

Always nice to hear of a positive encounter. Thanks for sharing, OP, and thanks for representing us well throughout the exchange with the officer. Hopefully you left just as good of an impression about us on him.
Native Texian

fickman

Post by fickman »

chuck j wrote:I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952
My dad was born in Wichita Falls in 1952. . . ya'll might've known each other. . . or at least hollered back and forth a few times. :cheers2:
Native Texian

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thats very possible what high school did he attend ?

fickman

Post by fickman »

chuck j wrote:Thats very possible what high school did he attend ?
He was only in WF for his very young years. He grew up mostly in the midn-cities outside of Fort Worth and graduated from L.D. Bell. They also spent some time in San Antonio and Atlanta.
Native Texian

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”