Pulled over leaving work

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

chuck j
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Pulled over leaving work

Post by chuck j »

probably wouldn't know him then , worth a try . Enjoy the weekend !

Texas Sheepdog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas Sheepdog »

fickman wrote:
chuck j wrote:I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952
My dad was born in Wichita Falls
I dated a girl from Wichita Falls. She was blonde.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Texas Sheepdog wrote:
fickman wrote:
chuck j wrote:I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952
My dad was born in Wichita Falls
I dated a girl from Wichita Falls. She was blonde.
:smilelol5:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Hey Texas Sheepdog ! You aint gonna believe this but I dated SEVERAL blonde girls from Wichita Falls , lol . Might have to start a Wichita Falls topic , seems to be quite a bit of interest on the subject .

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

I've never been to Kansas and see no reason to start now.
Kidding. Kidding.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Kansas ? Are you sure you are from Texas ? Intentional ?

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gringo pistolero »

I had a girlfriend whose T-shirt said, "Not everything in Kansas is flat." Sorry, but forum rules prohibit posting the pics.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

My Best Man ( and I was his) was from Kansas. We both married women that weren't... "rlol"

Unfortunately neither was from Texas, but after 25+ years for each of us I think we're forgiven them................ (like we had a choice....)
:thewave :drool: :cheers2: :clapping: :biggrinjester:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

I never carried in AR in Kansas but I have been to Arkansas. Does that count?
When in doubt
Vote them out!

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

Ahhhh... Wichita Falls. Flew in there a few times in my Piper Cherokee in years gone by. Always got tickled calling the tower call sign of "Kickapoo Tower". I'm sure there must be some story behind the name on that one.
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Kickapoo was the name of an Indian tribe , Wichita Falls is named after the Wichita tribe, town of Quanah is named after the famous commanche chief Quanah Parker , The town of Nocona is named after chief Nocona (father in law to Quanah) , lots of Indian names here in north and west Texas . There is also a Kichapoo Lake 18 miles ssw of Wichita Falls .

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

I thought it was why cowboys wear pointy boots.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

So if you can't roll your window down, would it be better to open the door and stay in the seat? Just trying to figure what would best keep the LEO at ease.

I don't think I have ever had a negative police encounter aside from getting a ticket. I have never been to Wichita Falls either.

Topic author
Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dirthawking »

MechAg94 wrote:So if you can't roll your window down, would it be better to open the door and stay in the seat? Just trying to figure what would best keep the LEO at ease.

I don't think I have ever had a negative police encounter aside from getting a ticket. I have never been to Wichita Falls either.
Heck NO! Leave it closed. When they aproach just let them know the window is broken and you have to open the door. Let the officer decide if they want to open it or if they want you to. But never open it before they are aware of the situation.

Just my two cents.....And as I said, my window is broken.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

wil

Post by wil »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
chuck j wrote:I keep hearing people talk on this forum worrying about an officer tormenting you because you have a CHL , the opposite is more the truth . If you act responsible and use common sense an officer is actually more lenient because you have already submitted yourself to a background check and took the coarse , you have proven yourself to be a solid citizen by accepting the added responsibility of carrying . Most of those claiming the law will hassle you are just getting an argument going and they dont even have a CHL .
Panda wrote:I don't know where you're from, chuckj, but here in Texas people don't take kindly to be called liars.

Please read rule 2. You agreed to follow it when you joined this forum.
chuck j wrote:Panda ,just checked back in and discovered I'm calling people liars , well yes I am . On practically every forum on the net there are people that exist on a forum to gain some type of strange sick satisfaction from deceiving and causing the members to argue amongst themselfs . Regular or 'normal' people do not usually look for these folks and in being helpful or trying to make the 'troll' see the truth there is a ridiculous conversation or argument involving other members .
I have only stated what I consider the truth .
As to my being a Texan , My great great grandfather settled a ranch on Bull Creek in the 1850's north of Austin, my grandfather cut ties for the first railroad in Texas he and his brother Buck drove cattle on the trail drives of the 1870's , my father was born in a dugout in 1901 , I was born at the General Hospital in Wichita Falls TX in 1952 .
Whats your story ? If you have any doubts come on up to Wichita Falls and I'll buy you supper , we will talk , would be an excellent opportunity to expose me for the liar that I am .
chuck j
Interesting exchange. For what it's worth, I was born in a private hospital in Casablanca, Morocco........in 1952. Got to Texas as soon as I could. I've had several encounters with LEOs since getting my first CHL, two of which involved my receiving a driving award. Actually, they were both "fix it" tickets. The other encounters involved police responding to a burglar alarm at my church, right at the moment I was arriving, a couple of police responses to burglar alarms in my own home, and an accident involving my wife. In all the interactions but one, the officer in question looked at my CHL, handed it back, and couldn't have cared less. In the one exception, the officer looked at my CHL, asked me if I was armed and where my gun was. (It was slung over my shoulder in a Maxpedition Fatboy-S.) I told him, and he asked me to keep my hands away from the bag. That was the last word in the matter.

Conversely, one of our members here had an unintentional failure to conceal. He was sitting in the waiting room of a tax office, and his shirt rode up as he stood up, exposing his mini-glock in an SOB holster. The soccer mom sitting behind him apparently got the vapors and made a MWAG call to the local 911. When our member left, still unawares of his "transgression," he made it all the way out to his car in the parking lot before a posse of Round Rock's finest (at least I recall that it was Round Rock, but I could be wrong about that) rolled up on him in multiple cars and actually drew down on him. He ultimately did not have to do the time, but he definitely did have to take the ride, and it cost him a lot of money.......his CHL notwithstanding.

Fact is, cops are people. Most of them by far are good and decent people. A small few of them are not. The few that are not good and decent people make the job more difficult for the majority that are, and life in general more difficult for the folks who pay their salaries—both in terms of being a waste of money, and in terms of abusive behavior toward the citizenry. And just like with cops, citizens are people. Most are decent and good. A few are not. Those that aren't make life harder for the rest of us. The microcosm of the CHL world is exactly like that. Most of us are good and decent. A small number are jerks.

So, when a good citizen/CHL has an unpleasant run in with a cop, is the citizen the jerk, or is the cop? No way to know for certain in most cases, but surely in a few of those cases, the cop is the problem, just as in some of those cases, the citizen is the problem. In such cases where both are jerks, it can get ugly fast.

Conversely, one of our members here had an unintentional failure to conceal. He was sitting in the waiting room of a tax office, and his shirt rode up as he stood up, exposing his mini-glock in an SOB holster. The soccer mom sitting behind him apparently got the vapors and made a MWAG call to the local 911. When our member left, still unawares of his "transgression," he made it all the way out to his car in the parking lot before a posse of Round Rock's finest (at least I recall that it was Round Rock, but I could be wrong about that) rolled up on him in multiple cars and actually drew down on him. He ultimately did not have to do the time, but he definitely did have to take the ride, and it cost him a lot of money.......his CHL notwithstanding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meaning he lost his CHL? Or an unintentional uncovering of his firearm and possession of a CHL didn't help to diffuse the situation? Was he not asked if he had a CHL and/or the officers didn't ask as to what or how the initial call got started?
It seems a bit over the top for a response if he simply accidentally uncovered his firearm by getting out of a chair, the braindead soccermom starting trouble needlessly notwithstanding. I can understand the result if someone is stupidly playing 'show & tell' however didn't the responding police ask when they arrived as to what was going on, then realize his shirt simply rode up and mrs suburbanite braindead threw a stupid fit?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”