GRAPHIC!! Hawthorne Ca Police shoot/Kill Dog

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

schufflerbot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GRAPHIC!! Hawthorne Ca Police shoot/Kill Dog

Post by schufflerbot »

Dave2 wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:but the cop doesn't deserve to be bitten either.
IF this video tells the whole story, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. It shows the cops arresting someone because I don't know, they were bored or something, and then shooting the guy's dog when it came to rescue its owner. Who should suffer the consequences of the officer's illegal conduct? Them, or the innocent pet?

Again, my statements only reflect my views based on the evidence I've seen (which I doubt is exhaustive).
were i the victim of the armed robbery in progress, i'd REALLY like the responding officers to be able to see/hear/smell/etc whatever they need to in order to keep me safe. the individual here was clearly obstructing the LEOs ability to properly handle the situation and they warned him of it, several times apparently.

the loss of an innocent dog is sad, indeed, but judging from the witness' statements and the video alone - it seems as though this guy was antagonizing the officers because he was, i don't know - bored or something.

bottom line - don't get in the way when the police are trying to bring down a BG.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

Wes wrote:...Even the first shot was unneeded IMO, the officer had plenty of room to back away....
Plenty of room, huh? Seriously?

That officer was far more patient than I would have been. I would have shot a dog much earlier than that instead of facing getting bitten.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Wes wrote:...Even the first shot was unneeded IMO, the officer had plenty of room to back away....
Plenty of room, huh? Seriously?

[ Image ]

That officer was far more patient than I would have been. I would have shot a dog much earlier than that instead of facing getting bitten.

:iagree:

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EEllis »

Leon Cordell Rosby, 52, was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of dissuading a witness from prosecuting a crime, intimidation of witness and making criminal threats, and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said. He plead not guilty to all counts.
I already disliked him for getting his dog killed but then add this in.

The Hawthorne Police Department has released a second video taken by a second witness at the scene that showed more of the officers’ actions prior to the shooting.

“After the second video was released, Rosby allegedly went to the witness’ residence and had a verbal confrontation with her and her son,” spokeswoman Jane Robison said.

handog

Post by handog »

The Wroughtweiler died a heroes fate. Unfortunately,could not choose its own master.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mark Geragos, Rosby’s attorney, told KNX1070′s Claudia Peschiutta the police are out for revenge after Rosby filed a complaint alleging he was beat up by Hawthorne police last year.
Mark Geragos has a well-earned reputation for self-promotion and ambulance chasing. He's the male Gloria Alread. We used to live about a mile from his house. My wife knew him in high school, and my former employer and his wife were good friends with Geragos's ex. He's a real piece of work. His clients have included:
  • Susan McDougal (one of Bill Clinton's White Water Partners. Garagos got President Clinton to pardon her.)
  • Winona Ryder (for shop lifting $50K worth of jewelry)
  • Michael Jackson (child molestation)
  • Scott Peterson (capital murder)
  • Greg Anderson (Barry Bonds' trainer)
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”