Just got back home. Alarm at my offices went off!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Target1911
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just got back home. Alarm at my offices went off!

Post by Target1911 »

Great contact.

What city
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am going to get one of those!! That is great! I am thinking about getting one for everyone in the office that carries. Thanks for the great links.

SF18C

Post by SF18C »

Might want to think about one of these too! I just finished my install today.

8 Channel TruBlue D1 Digital Video Recorder / Larger, Clearer, Full Screen High Res Video in Real-Time / Pre-installed 1TB HDD / 8 x 600 TVL line Cameras / Easier 'My DVR' network set-up / High Def HDMI & VGA output / Live viewing on Internet, Smartphone

http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

psijac

Post by psijac »

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/gunvault-speedvault/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

SF18C wrote:Might want to think about one of these too! I just finished my install today.

8 Channel TruBlue D1 Digital Video Recorder / Larger, Clearer, Full Screen High Res Video in Real-Time / Pre-installed 1TB HDD / 8 x 600 TVL line Cameras / Easier 'My DVR' network set-up / High Def HDMI & VGA output / Live viewing on Internet, Smartphone

http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We already have a video surveillance system. Actually had a guy on video stealing a trailer from us. The police acted like it was a pain to look at the video. Just a month or so ago, three offices were hit and the cops did not even ask any of us for our video evidence. We all had to chase them down and beg them to look at it. Then the cops again acted as if it was painful having to watch the video.

If they catch the perps, the vids might help make the charges stick but the police don't seem to give two hoots about video.

Just my experience.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
SF18C wrote:Might want to think about one of these too! I just finished my install today.

We already have a video surveillance system. Actually had a guy on video stealing a trailer from us. The police acted like it was a pain to look at the video. Just a month or so ago, three offices were hit and the cops did not even ask any of us for our video evidence. We all had to chase them down and beg them to look at it. Then the cops again acted as if it was painful having to watch the video.

If they catch the perps, the vids might help make the charges stick but the police don't seem to give two hoots about video.

Just my experience.
The patrol officers don't really care about the video if there is no doubt that breaking and entering or theft occurred. The ones that will want the video is the detective so during their investigation they can see if it matches any known subjects or someone on another video committing crime.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Keith B wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Just my experience.
The patrol officers don't really care about the video if there is no doubt that breaking and entering or theft occurred. The ones that will want the video is the detective so during their investigation they can see if it matches any known subjects or someone on another video committing crime.
I can believe that. I had not given thought to the two different job classifications and the separation of duties.Maybe the problem is that there are so many of these crimes, the detectives can only handle x number of cases. The rest drift off into insurance land.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

03Lightningrocks wrote: I can believe that. I had not given thought to the two different job classifications and the separation of duties.Maybe the problem is that there are so many of these crimes, the detectives can only handle x number of cases. The rest drift off into insurance land.
I frequently have provided security footage to both Richardson and Plano PD detectives for their investigations on various incidents. If you have it, you need to let the patrol officer know you have the video. They may or may not pass that info along on the report that the detective gets. I will usually call the department a couple of days after the incident and make sure the Detective division knows I have it and then provide it if they want it. Most times they will.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Keith B wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: I can believe that. I had not given thought to the two different job classifications and the separation of duties.Maybe the problem is that there are so many of these crimes, the detectives can only handle x number of cases. The rest drift off into insurance land.
I frequently have provided security footage to both Richardson and Plano PD detectives for their investigations on various incidents. If you have it, you need to let the patrol officer know you have the video. They may or may not pass that info along on the report that the detective gets. I will usually call the department a couple of days after the incident and make sure the Detective division knows I have it and then provide it if they want it. Most times they will.
Sounds like a good plan of action. Our office complex has had so many of these incidents(burglaries), many of us are getting numb to them when it occurs. Sad statement... But unfortunately true. We have been ripped off no less than four times in the past 8 years. I have neighbors who have been hit so many times they joke about leaving the doors unlocked to save the expense of repairing doors and locks. The Plano police officers I have spoken with tell me it is not just our complex either. They tell me Plano has this problem all over the city... Especially for those of us who office on the east side of the freeway.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”