Excellent Traffic Stop from Schertz Police

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
pedalman
Posts in topic: 1

Excellent Traffic Stop from Schertz Police

Post by pedalman »

I was coming home after midnight from a gig last weekend, and was heading north on IH35 in Schertz. I got pulled over for a malfunctioning taillight. Never mind the fact that I just bought the truck brand new a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I followed the usual protocol to put the officer at ease (interior lights on, hands visible on steering wheel, licenses and proof of insurance readily available, etc). The officer stepped up to the window and politely introduced himself. I greeted him in return, in order to present myself as relaxed (and sober). He asked if I knew that my taillight was out, and I responded that I didn't. After handing over my documentation, he asked if I had a weapon. I told him that I was armed, where it was located, and that I will just keep my hands on the steering wheel.

The officer didn't even bat an eye. He went back to his car for a couple of minutes, and returned with a violation warning. He explained that since it was just a warning, no action was needed on my part. I assured him that I would get the taillight fixed, and he told me I was free to leave.

All in all, the stop went quickly. The officer did not give me a hard time (hopefully in return for my good attitude). And I made it home with no further issues. If this officer's example of engagement is representative of training within the Schertz P.D., I feel assured that the taxpayers of Schertz are in good hands.

AcesFull

Re: Excellent Traffic Stop from Schertz Police

Post by AcesFull »

Thanks for posting. Nice to see so many good LEO contacts!

OldGrumpy

Re: Excellent Traffic Stop from Schertz Police

Post by OldGrumpy »

Work of dedicated professionals to be admired.
:patriot: :txflag:
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”