San Marcos LEO practices dentistry on the streets

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

San Marcos LEO practices dentistry on the streets

Post by Fangs »

http://smmercury.com/2013/07/16/san-mar ... al-arrest/

I'm very familiar with the parking lot where this took place and have friends who have had bad contacts with this particular officer. :grumble
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

gigag04

Re: San Marcos LEO practices dentistry on the streets

Post by gigag04 »

Seems like he won't have much more contacts in that regard. If everything is as written, good riddance.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I wonder how many non-on-camera arrests he got away with before this. This sort of behavior doesn't happen overnight.

The other thing that strikes me as funny is that the woman who was assaulted said she was just walking by and made no contact with the officer... That doesn't make much sense to me.

Then again, I didn't see the video.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

I'm glad to see that the brass in that department are the ones who investigated and filed charges. If he did as alleged, then good riddance.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Not to mention a cop in prison is usually kept in segregation for his own safety.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

talltex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by talltex »

That is really bad. Kudo's to the Commander and the Chief for taking the initiative to file criminal charges themselves and getting him off the street
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

gigag04 wrote:Seems like he won't have much more contacts in that regard. If everything is as written, good riddance.
:iagree:

I have personally know one police officer of that caliber. I trusted him as far as I could throw a Semi. When he got nailed for lighting trash cans on fire and got his employment terminated I was quite happy. :evil2:

BTW, I had to work with him for a while. I didn't like that either.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Mrs Alpha will have no problem paying for the dental work.
III

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JP171 »

She still has to get the false charges dismissed before any civil can take place, the DA apparently believes the criminal was correct in arresting her

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

JP171 wrote:She still has to get the false charges dismissed before any civil can take place, the DA apparently believes the criminal was correct in arresting her
Yeah, what's up with that? Seems like it would be pretty hard to convict her knowing that the cop who arrested her is charged with assault in her case.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Not that I'm on this guy's side but...

Constitutionally, he is innocent until proven guilty. Charges don't constitute guilt and would taint the other case were it admitted...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:Not that I'm on this guy's side but...

Constitutionally, he is innocent until proven guilty. Charges don't constitute guilt and would taint the other case were it admitted...
Doesn't seem to apply to her:
Charges against Alpha have not been dropped, according to Hays County court records, and she is scheduled to be arraigned before County Court at Law Judge Robert Updegrove on Aug. 2.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I see that her guilt or innocence has no bearing on the investigation as to his conduct...

Likewise, his conduct has no bearing on whether she is guilty or innocent of other charges...

Once guilt in either case is determined, it really can only be introduced to effect credibility of that individual's character...it can't be used until it is determined.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

jsenner

Post by jsenner »

I remember hearing a more detailed report about this, the story i got is the cop had a guy stopped and was working that and people milling about we're walking between the cop car and the stopped driver as they were walking around going different places. He had apparently become annoyed by that and started yelling at people to go around the cars. People would keep coming as obviously people coming into the area wouldn't necessarily have heard him. The girl was following friends, did not hear any of this, and just tried to pass through and be on her way. She was just in the wrong place when he snapped.

This was from a local news report so its value is as good as you trust the news. Seems very plausible though.

talltex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by talltex »

JP171 wrote:She still has to get the false charges dismissed before any civil can take place, the DA apparently believes the criminal was correct in arresting her
Everything I've read on this starting the following day says the charges against her were dismissed ??? 3 stories dated 7/17, 7/18 & 7/23...the one on 7/23 specifically states that all charges against her were dismissed by the District attorney Sherri Tibbe. It also said that as late as 7/20 the Hay's County court records still showed an arraignment date.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”