San Marcos LEO practices dentistry on the streets

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: San Marcos LEO practices dentistry on the streets

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I read the criminal cop was arrested and booked for brutally assaulting Mrs Alpha before I posted so this case should be closed except for the City writing a check...
III

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JP171 »

talltex wrote:
JP171 wrote:She still has to get the false charges dismissed before any civil can take place, the DA apparently believes the criminal was correct in arresting her
Everything I've read on this starting the following day says the charges against her were dismissed ??? 3 stories dated 7/17, 7/18 & 7/23...the one on 7/23 specifically states that all charges against her were dismissed by the District attorney Sherri Tibbe. It also said that as late as 7/20 the Hay's County court records still showed an arraignment date.

As I understand it, if there is a court date then the charges haven't been dropped otherwise the court date would have been cancelled and she wouldn't have to appear before a judge. The San Marcos Mercury article dated the 16th states charges have not been dropped, the chronicle said they were, but refer the court date thing, you gotta see a judge you are still charged

Rogue misguided child, if the arrest was illegal, arbitrary and capricious and malicious in its intent then she is not guilty of interfering or resisting and the DA should have never accepted charges to begin with.

by this I mean if I am a Police officer, grab you and body slam your face into the ground knocking out several of your teeth then arrest you for interfering and resisting when you have done nothing but walk past me are you guilty of interfering or resisting? :banghead:

talltex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by talltex »

JP171 wrote:
talltex wrote:
JP171 wrote:She still has to get the false charges dismissed before any civil can take place, the DA apparently believes the criminal was correct in arresting her
Everything I've read on this starting the following day says the charges against her were dismissed ??? 3 stories dated 7/17, 7/18 & 7/23...the one on 7/23 specifically states that all charges against her were dismissed by the District attorney Sherri Tibbe. It also said that as late as 7/20 the Hay's County court records still showed an arraignment date.

As I understand it, if there is a court date then the charges haven't been dropped otherwise the court date would have been cancelled and she wouldn't have to appear before a judge.'

The way I understood the story dated 7/23, which said the the DA, Ms. Tibbe, had dismissed all charges, was that although the earlier stories all stated that charges were dismissed, the court docket hadn't been cleared as of 7/20, which prompted the reporter to double check with the DA's office to make sure they had been dismissed and as of 7/23 they had been....don't see any stories dated later than that saying the charges still had not been dropped.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

talltex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by talltex »

talltex wrote:
JP171 wrote:
talltex wrote:

As I understand it, if there is a court date then the charges haven't been dropped otherwise the court date would have been cancelled and she wouldn't have to appear before a judge.'

The way I understood the story dated 7/23, which said the the DA, Ms. Tibbe, had dismissed all charges, was that although the earlier stories all stated that charges were dismissed, the court docket hadn't been cleared as of 7/20, which prompted the reporter to double check with the DA's office to make sure they had been dismissed and as of 7/23 they had been....don't see any stories dated later than that saying the charges still had not been dropped.
Just saw another story which explained it: The First Assistant DA, Fred Weber said that he dropped all charges on the girl on June 6th, and that prosecutors were going to have the arrest record expunged for her. In response to the reporters inquiry about the court docket, he said the information on there was in error and he was working to have it removed. The report concluded that as of 7/22 it no longer showed up on the county's criminal court website.
Last edited by talltex on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

JP171 wrote: Rogue misguided child, if the arrest was illegal, arbitrary and capricious and malicious in its intent then she is not guilty of interfering or resisting and the DA should have never accepted charges to begin with.
Ok dude...no need to be condescending...

If they have cause to arrest you, the conduct of the officer going to arrest you has no bearing on whether she is guilty or innocent of the original crime. if the crime you committed stemmed from the officer's conduct, that is different...but it still is not germain until guilt or innocence is established.

That being said, I am just going to block you and spare myself irritation from future interaction with you.

Have a blessed day.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

talltex wrote:
talltex wrote:
JP171 wrote:
talltex wrote:

Just saw another story which explained it: The First Assistant DA, Fred Weber said that he dropped all charges on the girl on June 6th, and that prosecutors were going to have the arrest record expunged for her. In response to the reporters inquiry about the court docket, he said the information on there was in error and he was working to have it removed. The report concluded that as of 7/22 it no longer showed up on the county's criminal court website.

ok good deal then, just didn't find anything cept the chronicle that said it was dismissed.

also doesn't USMC mean uncle sams misguided children???? guess some people are too touchy. and yes before you flame me to xtra crispy I get that way too.

If Rogue is reading this or anyone else, the arrest was not legal her innocence or guilt has no bearing on the unlawful detention and use of excessive force, just because your arrested by a LEO doesn't mean the arrest is legal or right

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”