Florida football player arrested for barking at K9

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Florida football player arrested for barking at K9

Post by KC5AV »

Charges dropped.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... s/2580195/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA lifetime member

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

KC5AV wrote:Charges dropped.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... s/2580195/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But the LEO's point was made.
LEOs: are there any sort of internal repercussions for arrests that get the charges dropped.. Assume you're dealing with a public individual that's asking for it.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

cb1000rider wrote:
KC5AV wrote:Charges dropped.
But the LEO's point was made.
LEOs: are there any sort of internal repercussions for arrests that get the charges dropped.. Assume you're dealing with a public individual that's asking for it.
If it was a valid charge, but the DA just decided to drop it, then no. If the person feels it was a false or unjustified arrest, then they can file a civil suit.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

I like in the video of the arrest where the officer angrily knocks a soft drink off the hood of his car and onto the shoulder of the highway --littering. Nice.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:Why is taunting a K-9 dog O.K. with some?

It's not O.K.

I hope that when such things happen the tormentor is promptly arrested, jailed and fined.
Suits me; especially, if the tormentor is a University of Florida football player. GO VOLS!

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

College student's dog barks at cop. Cop shoots dog. No charges filed.

Cop's dog barks at college student. College student barks back. Student is arrested.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

there's that contempt of cop charge again, along with the usual police apologists

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

stash wrote:I don't know what it is with people and police animals. This past week-end a guy in Austin burned the neck of a police horse with a cigarette. Thank goodness they arrested the guy. It is a felony in Texas to do that.
If the guy burnt a horse on the street and got arrested, he more than deserved what he got. That type of action endangered lots of people and could result in injury and death.

That being said, I've seen APD put those animals in to people and use them in a way that would get a civilian arrested, such as yanking the horses head into someone. Someone is going to catch it on camera one day.

The lighter side is that people have been arrested in Austin for DWI while riding a horse (and a mule) through downtown. If I recall right, I don't think the charges stuck, but they definitely were keeping it weird:
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/13/austi ... nd-donkey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Mounted patrol teaches the officer how to use the horse as a weapon when needed. I was taught how to make him swing his head and how to ride him where his shoulder will hit someone to knock him down. Neither one ever hurt the horse but I only did them in training and never needed to on the street so I can't say if it would hurt the horse if used for real. Having been hit by the horse, I can say it stops the person.

The DWI arrests on the horse did not stick and should never have been made. The law is clear that DWI requires you to be in or on a device (PC 49.01 refers to PC 32.34), which makes it not apply to a horse. This is only true since they moved DWI to the Penal Code because the since a horse is treated as a vehicle under the Transportation Code (TC 542.003). So, yes, you can get a ticket for running a stop sign or failing to signal a turn on a horse.
Steve Rothstein

talltex

Post by talltex »

srothstein wrote:Mounted patrol teaches the officer how to use the horse as a weapon when needed. I was taught how to make him swing his head and how to ride him where his shoulder will hit someone to knock him down. Neither one ever hurt the horse but I only did them in training and never needed to on the street so I can't say if it would hurt the horse if used for real. Having been hit by the horse, I can say it stops the person.
Having grown up riding horses, (and some rodeoing, at a young and dumb age), I can tell you a horse can easily knock a grown man off his feet by swinging his head into them without hurting the horse...horses often do that on their own to keep someone from getting close to them or just to play with you. I've seen a number of broken noses, black eyes, and busted lips when someone was standing right in front of a horse rubbing their face and the horse playfully tossed his head up. Their bone structure and hide is a lot tougher than ours and about the only way they would get hurt would be if the rider accidentally forced them to swing it into a hard manmade structure or sharp edged object, such as a sign post or vehicle. As for the "shoulder butt", it's not gonna hurt the horse at all...but the person is going to go backwards...when a 1000-1200lb object hits into a 200lb object simple physics takes over.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”