First interaction

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

First interaction

Post by SQLGeek »

I was involved in a minor auto accident yesterday in Sugar Land in stop and go traffic heading home from work. Thankfully everybody was OK, my car not so much.

While I was waiting for a tow (which took forever, thanks State Farm), a Sugar Land PD officer rolled up. I had already exchanged information with the other party so they had gone ahead and left. The officer and I discussed what happened and he went ahead and asked for my ID. I handed him that and my CHL. He looked genuinely surprised and gave me a sincere "Thank you!" while holding it up. He went back, ran my info and came back to my car. I could tell his demeanor had changed, maybe a little more relaxed. He thanked me again for presenting my CHL, which he said was not common for the holders he has encountered. He made sure I was OK and saw me off.

The officer was a true gentleman and a professional. I made sure to call his shift supervisor that night and tell him that as well. Overall it was a positive encounter in a poor situation.

Now I get to deal with insurance and figure out what's going to happen with my car and if I'll need to replace it. :mad:
Psalm 91:2

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First interaction

Post by RoyGBiv »

Sorry to hear about your accident.... Good that nobody was injured.
Good luck with insurance. :grumble

I've had very few interactions with LE during my 10 years in TX, but 100% have been positive.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”