Fort Bend County Constable - good stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SunKing
Posts in topic: 1

Fort Bend County Constable - good stop

Post by SunKing »

I haven't posted here in a long time, but wanted to share a story that happend to me recently. I was travelling south on the Fort Bend tollway at about 9:00pm, and saw the Constable ahead of me. He was travelling about 5mph under the speed limit. Most other drivers seemed afraid to pass, and there was a bit of a bottle neck. Eventually, I and a few others got around, and resumed normal speed. At the highway 6 stoplight, the officer was directly behind me. I wasn't really concerned, until the light turned green - and that's when he turned on his police lights.

I pulled into the Kroger parking lot, turned on my dome light, rolled down the window and put my hands in the 10:00 / 2:00 position. The officer approcahed, and asked for my ID. I handed him my insurance, TDL and CHL. He asked "are you armed at this time?" I replied 'yes sir'. He asked "where is your weapon?", and I replied 'on my right hip'. He said "OK, just don't mess with it."

The officer stated that he pulled me over because I had tempory plates (new car) and he was not able to verify my EZ-tag info. He asked me to read the EZ-tag code off the sticker, and ...I had to borrow the officers flashlight to read it. Everythign was OK - and the officer told me to hurry up and get my regular plates, as I always stood the chance of getting pulled over with the temporary.

Regardless of his motive to pull me over (was it the tempory plates, Ez-Tag, or the fact I was driving a black 5.0 Mustang with tinted windows) - the officer was polite, did not 'harass' me in any way, did not disarm me - and I was on my way in a matter of minutes. It was my first time getting pulled over since I got my CHL, so I wasn't sure what to expect. In the end, I was pleasantly surprised.
3rd generation Houstonian.
NRA life member.
TSRA member.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fort Bend County Constable - good stop

Post by puma guy »

So a constable can read the RF off an EZtag? :headscratch Even if he can if you didn't get flagged when you went through the toll gate there's no evidence of any violation and no reason to stop. Legible non-expired temporary tags are not a reason for a stop. Heck in my city 30% of the cars have them, many dated for 90 day expiration. It;s not my hometown but Bayou Vista PD got on deep trouble for stopping all temp plated vehicles? I am confused why you were stopped. I'm glad all went well for you and I understand what you meant when you said "good stop", but if I am pulled over for no legitimate reason I won't call it a good stop.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”