Cooke County DPS

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Cooke County DPS

Post by Crossfire »

Yesterday, I had an opportunity to visit with a DPS trooper in Cooke county, between Whitesboro and Gainesville.

Trying to get around a big rig, and punched it maybe just a little too hard. Whoops :oops:

Anyways, he came out of nowhere and was on my bumper in about a second! Knowing in my heart that I am a good, safe, and responsible driver, I just knew he was only trying to get around me, so I was truly surprised when I pulled over and he pulled right in behind me.

He was out of the car and at the window before I had anything pulled out, so it took a minute for me to get it together. Handed over both licenses, and he asked "Where is your gun?" I responded that it was right beside me. He said "OK", and he immediately handed back my CHL, and never said another word about it.

He did ask if I knew what the speed limit was on that road. I incorrectly answered 70. He educated me that it was 55 on the stretch where he saw me, and even if it was 70, I would STILL have been speeding. That was my first indication that this was probably not going to go well...

Back to his car he went for what seemed like an hour. (Probably 3 or 4 minutes) Then he comes back with a warning! A WARNING!!! I felt like I had won the lottery!

We chatted about CHL classes for a few minutes, and the changes on Sept 1. He seemed truly surprised about shorter classes and no renewal classes. Then he shook my hand. Told me to slow down, and keep up the good work.

Best DPS encounter ever! :thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

tomtexan

Re: Cooke County DPS

Post by tomtexan »

Nice! Gotta love our state troopers. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met in the law enforcement community. :thumbs2:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by EEllis »

tomtexan wrote:Nice! Gotta love our state troopers. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met in the law enforcement community. :thumbs2:
Well I don't know about nice, had a few run ins that were not exactly friendly, but I would say professional.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

EEllis wrote:
tomtexan wrote:Nice! Gotta love our state troopers. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met in the law enforcement community. :thumbs2:
Well I don't know about nice, had a few run ins that were not exactly friendly, but I would say professional.
Oh they are nice, to me anyway. In my profession, I'm always helping them out. I sometimes see them several times a week at all hours of the day and night. As recently as about 11PM last night.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Probably helped that she carries a gga, Ga, Gal, Glock. There got it out.
All you old hands laugh now. :lol:: :smilelol5: "rlol"
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I do normally carry a Glock, but yesterday I had my Sig P238. You would have been proud of me! ;-) I needed a smaller carry due to the work I was doing.

But, it didn't matter since he never asked to see it.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I am always proud of you young lady.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LAYGO »

EEllis wrote:
Hell, I had one that I wouldn't call professional. He was trying to tell me my bone stock suspension Impala SS was lowered. Like he's never seen a Caprice/Impala before? He was a Sargent & I WOULD HOPE that he had been in long enough to have driven the 9C1 Caprice's DPS had.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”