DPS in Gonzalez County

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dleiwig
Posts in topic: 1

DPS in Gonzalez County

Post by dleiwig »

The family & I were going from San Antonio to Houston this weekend. It was dark, light traffic, so I was scootin pretty good. The wife was knocked out cold on her pillow, drool and all. I saw two units in the grass on the right past the shoulder, but it was too late. I saw him roll onto I-10, looked down and saw my speed, and started pulling over before he got the chance to light 'em up. He hit the lights as I was almost stopped. I pulled the truck into the grass off the shoulder so he'd be way out of the way of traffic walking up to the driver's window...I'm just that nice of a guy. There I was with the dome light on, hands on the wheel, waiting for the first chance to tell him that I was a CHL holder and that I was in fact armed. He still came to the passenger window even with all the space I gave him...guess I can't fault him there. As I saw him approach, I rolled down the passenger window and the little lady is still sawing logs...LOUDLY! As soon as he introduced himself (gave him major points for not laughing at her snoring) and my wife heard the unfamiliar voice, she rolled towards the window and saw him right in her face...it was pretty funny. Without missing a beat, she said "Good morning, officer. What's the problem? I know I wasn't speeding, I was friggin out cold!" He said "No, ma'am, but HE was!" We all chuckled for a second and then got down to business. I told him I was carrying and he didn't bat an eye. He asked what I had and where. When I said a 1911 and on my waistband, he simply said "good choice". He was not at all concerned or anything and was very pleasant. Ended up getting a warning, too! He told my wife that he was sorry to interrupt her nap, and she just laughed and said she blamed me anyway! He was very polite and professional and actually had a personality. This was by no means the first time I have been stopped since getting my CHL (definitely have a lead foot), but was probably the best contact I've had yet...and not just because I got a warning.
ARMED INFIDEL
Glock 23
Para 1911
M&P 9c
CHL since March 2008

jmra

Re: DPS in Gonzalez County

Post by jmra »

Good encounter - thanks for sharing.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CHLLady

Re: DPS in Gonzalez County

Post by CHLLady »

Good deal and pretty funny! She's pretty quick witted too, for waking out of a drooling sleep. Lol

Glad it ended well for you!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”