Pulled over for speeding in Louisiana

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pulled over for speeding in Louisiana

Post by jmra »

bmwrdr wrote:With a TX license plate you get a tivket for driving in LA. I got 6 so far. One every time I went to or crossed through LA. Two of those tickets were warning tickets and 4 were in the $200 ballpark. What I don't get is the fact they acused me of speeding but I did not except once. I guess they really just want money and that's it. :biggrinjester:
That's strange. We have traveled to NOLA several times a year the last 10 years and have never been stopped much less given a ticket. I will admit to speeding each time but never faster than the flow of traffic.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with your TX plate at all, but rather your car or some other factor.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:With a TX license plate you get a tivket for driving in LA. I got 6 so far. One every time I went to or crossed through LA. Two of those tickets were warning tickets and 4 were in the $200 ballpark. What I don't get is the fact they acused me of speeding but I did not except once. I guess they really just want money and that's it. :biggrinjester:
That's strange. We have traveled to NOLA several times a year the last 10 years and have never been stopped much less given a ticket. I will admit to speeding each time but never faster than the flow of traffic.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with your TX plate at all, but rather your car or some other factor.
I think it depends where in LA you are going. If you are going to NOLA, they know you are going to leave some money there.
If you're going somewhere else, they just like to make sure. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:
I think it depends where in LA you are going. If you are going to NOLA, they know you are going to leave some money there.
Yep, but there are several hundred miles between the state line on I-20 and NOLA. I'm not sure how they would know I was going to or leaving NOLA.
Of course if they think I'm dropping a bunch of money, the joke is on them. Only going back to visit family who is too stubborn to leave the place. Of course we do drop $7 each on a po-boy while we're there. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:

I just drove through LA...twice....no speeding, no ticket. I know they will ticket if you speed, I go no more than 2 miles over...that's it, and I wouldn't allow my son to speed either.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”