Dallas LEO shooting video raises question's

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 7

Dallas LEO shooting video raises question's

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Smile Dallas Police, you're on video...

"Dallas police said the man acted aggressively toward the officers, forcing them to shoot. But the video shows that he had his arms by his side and was yards away when officers started shooting. Bobby Bennett is in an intensive care unit after he was shot in the stomach. His mother, Joyce Jackson, said she got into an argument with her son, which prompted him to storm outside of the home with a small knife.

Jackson said her son has schizophrenia and had not been taking his medication.

She said she called 911 and told dispatchers that her son had mental issues and was carrying a small knife. She feared her son would hurt himself, not anyone else."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Survei ... er=nbcnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Dallas LEO shooting video raises question's

Post by mojo84 »

Doesn't look good to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

Should have tased him first.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

It doesn't look good for the LEO's in this case.

What is amazing to me is everyone said there were 4 shots fired and only one hit him. At that distance, really?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Munk

Post by Munk »

It looked like the LEO picked up 4 casings, too. Do they usually pick their own casings up?
III%

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

ugg so many questions so little info.

Hard to see the threat from the officers side....but was not there.
For sure it's going to be a hard sell on there part to explain and articulate the perceived threat.

Wild guess will go anything from raciest murder to ND leading to follow on fire...

time and investigation will find the truth.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

how do yall get the video to play? everytime i click on the dallas websites links the videos never want to play???? maybe it hates me b/c i'm in houston? :oops:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

You not only have the video, but you an eyewitness.
Maurice Bunch was watching police respond to the scene from his front porch.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

E.Marquez wrote:ugg so many questions so little info.

For sure it's going to be a hard sell on there part to explain and articulate the perceived threat.

Wild guess will go anything from raciest murder to ND leading to follow on fire...

:iagree:

To add the video doesn't show if the suspect had the weapon was in his hand when he stood up; what he said when he stood up, his demeanor, if he was off his medication, what the officer believed he was doing, ect.

Like all OIS they will do an investigation which will take time. The grand jury will then decide if they had a right to defend themselves. Regardless if the grand jury clears them the PD also has an internal investigation as to whether they followed policy.

The mom was referring to mental health officers. However all leo's are trained to deal with mental health subjects and when there is a 911 call the closest go with a mental health officer responding if needed.

Topic author
rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

What about the Law Abiding Citizens right to self defense? Did we all give up the right to exist when we formed Societies? No, we did not and now it appears we need to protect ourselves from some of those Americans we hired to "police" our communities. I find it hard to believe that any normal thinking man would exonerate the actions of these so called "Officers" after hearing the statement they gave to the Chief of Police and watching the video. These LEO's have zero integrity and are a disgrace to every honest American that ever carried a badge.

The Chief dropped all charges against the victim, as he should have. Now the Chief needs to turn the "armed assaulting officer" into a criminal felon so he can be stripped of the Right to Bear Arms forever.
III

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

Just watched the video...would not want to be the officers shoes trying to explain this one.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

rbwhatever1 wrote:What about the Law Abiding Citizens right to self defense? Did we all give up the right to exist when we formed Societies? No, we did not and now it appears we need to protect ourselves from some of those Americans we hired to "police" our communities. I find it hard to believe that any normal thinking man would exonerate the actions of these so called "Officers" after hearing the statement they gave to the Chief of Police and watching the video. These LEO's have zero integrity and are a disgrace to every honest American that ever carried a badge.

The Chief dropped all charges against the victim, as he should have. Now the Chief needs to turn the "armed assaulting officer" into a criminal felon so he can be stripped of the Right to Bear Arms forever.
Way to skip right over the investigation, grand jury, trial, trial jury, judge and jury decisions , skipping right to guilty based on media reports of what was said, someplace third hand or worse and a video tape that only showed part of the encounter and NO audio.

I've not seen anyone here "exonerate the actions" of the officers :headscratch .. I have seen normal thinking Law Abiding Citizens say we need to see and here ALL of the facts to from a reasonable opinion of what happened.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:ugg so many questions so little info.

:iagree:

To add the video doesn't show if the suspect had the weapon was in his hand when he stood up; what he said when he stood up, his demeanor, if he was off his medication, what the officer believed he was doing, ect.

Like all OIS they will do an investigation which will take time. The grand jury will then decide if they had a right to defend themselves. Regardless if the grand jury clears them the PD also has an internal investigation as to whether they followed policy.

The mom was referring to mental health officers. However all leo's are trained to deal with mental health subjects and when there is a 911 call the closest go with a mental health officer responding if needed.
I think these officers might have needed a little more training.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

E.Marquez wrote:
rbwhatever1 wrote:What about the Law Abiding Citizens right to self defense? Did we all give up the right to exist when we formed Societies? No, we did not and now it appears we need to protect ourselves from some of those Americans we hired to "police" our communities. I find it hard to believe that any normal thinking man would exonerate the actions of these so called "Officers" after hearing the statement they gave to the Chief of Police and watching the video. These LEO's have zero integrity and are a disgrace to every honest American that ever carried a badge.

Way to skip right over the investigation, grand jury, trial, trial jury, judge and jury decisions , skipping right to guilty based on media reports of what was said, someplace third hand or worse and a video tape that only showed part of the encounter and NO audio.

I've not seen anyone here "exonerate the actions" of the officers :headscratch .. I have seen normal thinking Law Abiding Citizens say we need to see and here ALL of the facts to from a reasonable opinion of what happened.

I didn't skip over anything nor did I say anyone was exonerating anything...
III

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

rbwhatever1 wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:

I didn't skip over anything nor did I say anyone was exonerating anything...
Oh, :tiphat:
Perhaps I misread your words posted and took from them something you did not intend to convey :headscratch

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”