SAPD Officer Arrested

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SAPD Officer Arrested

Post by johncanfield »

gigag04 wrote:... in car GPS locators (cut's down on loafing off...sort of)..
We get the San Antonio local TV stations, this story was big news as you might guess. Chief McManus was interviewed for this story yesterday and mentioned the in-car GPS recorded an 18 minute stop at the time the complainant accused the LEO of the rape which seems to corroborate the event. If the story is indeed accurate, what in the world goes through these people's minds? Did the BG think he could get away with it time after time with impunity? A public servant violating the trust put in them is about as low as you can go. :mad5
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

johncanfield wrote:Did the BG think he could get away with it time after time with impunity?
I can't explain what the BG is thinking, or maybe he is not thinking.
NRA Endowment Member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The bottom line here is we need to teach our daughters the life lesson that will keep them from being that 19 year old handcuffed in the back seat. No matter what...
III

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I agree with Gigag04 on everything he posted. I think there are a couple factors he may have missed that help explain the swing in current attitude. One of the problems the cops have, public relations wise, is that they are the most visible arm of the government and its authority. As people dislike government more, they will also dislike police more. As more laws are passed that people do not like, and more police officers enforce those laws, police will be disliked more.

I also put part of the blame on the militarization of the police. The more we demand security from the government, the more the police will begin to act like the military. And, the US has a cultural aversion to having troops deployed inside the US, even our own troops. This aversion extends to police acting like the military, especially with road blocks and searches and things like TSA. In this case, I think the police can be their own worst enemies sometimes.

But, in general, I do think the police are there to help much more than before. We do still need to teach our kids and grand-kids that they can go to the police when they need help. And I also agree with Rbwhatever1 that we need to teach them to protect themselves from those few bad cops out there. The good news is that this is not really contradictory. So far, there has always been an age difference where we can teach them the safety rules when they are a little older and teach them to go to police when they are young.
Steve Rothstein

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

:iagree:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

rbwhatever1 wrote:The bottom line here is we need to teach our daughters the life lesson that will keep them from being that 19 year old handcuffed in the back seat. No matter what...
What life lesson would that be? As far as I'm aware nothing she did warranted the stop, the handcuffs and certainly not the rape. She also had no idea that she was about to be raped so was she supposed to not comply with this officer initially? I'm at a loss for life lessons here other than danger often lurks in plain sight but even then what can you do against an armed officer who ambushes you?

Forgive me if I've missed something in your words.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The life lesson of not trusting the police blindly, like this lady did. Females should never trust anyone, even in broad daylight in the middle of town with lights flashing. Call 911 and a family member or friend and never get out of the car no matter what until another LEO shows up. Make sure a family member / friend is on the way and keep them on speaker phone so they know where you are at all times. It's insane we have to take such precautions to keep our women safe but apparently we do.
III

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Whenever somebody in a position of trust does something like this it irks my hide. I actually worked with an officer years ago that did something like this. He tried to rape a prostitute while on duty in an unmarked car. Who rapes a prostitute, but then it's about the power not the sex. I would hate to be him right now as it is not pretty being a sex offender or leo in prison.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I know how it feels. We had to deal with this crap on Okinawa a few times with servicemen assaulting women. The worst one was the kidnapping, beating and repeated assault of a 12 year old child. Constant turmoil, locked down bases and annual protests for removing all US Forces from the island are now the norm. We were definately looked at as the "ugly Americans" by most of the community for the acts of a few miscreants. Any trust that was there was shattered.

Unfortunately bad people are in every organization on this planet. They slip into even the best.

Happy Thanksgiving Armed Americans!
III

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”