SAPD Officer Arrested

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

SAPD Officer Arrested

Post by gigag04 »

I'll beat everyone to the punch here...

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -Squad-Car" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is true, I'll be the first, not call for his job, but his head.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SAPD Officer Arrested

Post by The Annoyed Man »

gigag04 wrote:I'll beat everyone to the punch here...

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -Squad-Car" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree. This is intolerable. . . . if it is true. He gets his day in court, just like anyone else.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

gigag04 wrote:I'll beat everyone to the punch here...

Actually, I beat you to it. Just didn't want to post it in it's own thread as I didn't want folks to think I was just trying to bash cops. It's this guys third accusation of improper sexual conduct. I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. Will have to let the courts do that.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=70199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mojo84
Post subject: Re: Man pretending to be cop assaults woman on I35 DFWPostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:02 pm

A real cop was arrested today or yesterday in San Antonio for raping a woman he got to the back of his car while he was on duty. Not sure if he cuffed her or not. Chief McManus contacted the FBI to see if they want to investigate it also for federal civil liberties violations.

I definitely see this as an abuse if power even though some won't.

Here's a link to an article.

http://mysanantonio.com/news/local/arti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 005742.php

Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

According to New Daily News another incident had occurred just a few day prior but victim who reported it decided to not cooperate any further. He was suspended in September for inappropriate relationship with an 18 year old. Got 3 days suspension for that?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1527459
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Neal was suspended for three days in September for dating an 18-year-old member of the San Antonio Police Explorers, a program for young people interested in a career in law enforcement, the Express-News reported.

The accusations of sexual misconduct are the third against Neal, the police chief told the Express-News.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2lgxQeRI9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe SAPD Internal Affairs needs some more resources to conduct their investigations.
NRA Endowment Member

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

This is a sad situation. I wish nothing but the best for the young lady.

We must remember there are those drawn to power for nefarious reasons just as there are those whose goals are for the greater good. Those who have bad intent need to be weeded out quickly and publicly for the benefit of the public and all public servant.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

You are late. This was posted and took over another thread..... SAPD was quick to act. I would like to see the arrest affidavit :thumbs2:

They must also believe they have a solid case due to his being suspended without pay.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I'm with you Mojo. It appears one needs to walk on eggshells when posting a criminal act. Much safer in the Hunting Forum!
This calculating criminal miscreant needs to be gone forever. (After the Justice System approves of course)

Be careful out there ladies.
III

jmra

Post by jmra »

I wonder if someone threatened the first woman and that's the reason she decided to stop cooperating with police.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Nevermind...not going there.
Last edited by SQLGeek on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 91:2

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I do not want anyone to think I am bashing cops here as that is not my intent (son in law is a cop). But when my kids were young, they were always told if they needed help to look for a police officer. With all of the things that have been going on, at least here in the DFW area, I would almost hesitate to make that same statement to my grandchildren. Not only do we have officers doing illegal things such as mentioned here, but now we are having several reports of people impersonating police officers. I know that the greater majority of the officers are honest, law abiding people, and I have the utmost respect for them. However, how are we or the kids especially, supposed to know which ones to trust?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

jmra wrote:I wonder if someone threatened the first woman and that's the reason she decided to stop cooperating with police.
That would be my forgone conclusion.

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

RPBrown wrote:I do not want anyone to think I am bashing cops here as that is not my intent (son in law is a cop). But when my kids were young, they were always told if they needed help to look for a police officer. With all of the things that have been going on, at least here in the DFW area, I would almost hesitate to make that same statement to my grandchildren. Not only do we have officers doing illegal things such as mentioned here, but now we are having several reports of people impersonating police officers. I know that the greater majority of the officers are honest, law abiding people, and I have the utmost respect for them. However, how are we or the kids especially, supposed to know which ones to trust?
I actually think things are better for the LE world than it was in previous years as far as ethical behavior and professionalism. The digital age has been a double-edged sword in regards to public opinion of LEOs. Let me explain:

With social media, web based news sites, and smart phones, negative encounters (and even skewed and over hyped normal encounters) are quickly sensationalized and spread rapidly, and easily. One can simply search from Google and find great numbers of examples of morons with a badge that tarnish its credibility. It would be easy to paint a bleak picture and make it easy to resent and be suspicious of LEOs everywhere.

On the flip side, the same ones and zeroes that bring you the internet, also bring us in-car video (except HPD's patrol units.....), body mics, pocket recorders, body video cams, taser-cams, in car GPS locators (cut's down on loafing off...sort of), and in car navigation to reduce response times. Technology has provided a host of less lethal force options as well as online continuing-ed training and webinars to up training and professionalism. The requirements for being an LEO are tougher now than they were 20 years ago. The pay is better, and the training is more extensive. The digital age has allowed for more thorough background checks to be performed, and also has made it easier to contact a wider variety of references for police applicants. The passing requirements of police academies are going up as is the number of required hours. I think these factors all combine to improve the hiring pool and allow agencies to field a more professional force which can be better monitored with all the new techno-gadgets.

I think the "thin blue line" is less tolerant of "dirty cops" than it has ever been before.

I'm sure in the pendulum of LEO opinion, some are too quick to condemn and some are too quick to condone certain behaviors. This is likely because of the lens with which we study the incidents...Call it one's worldview or paradigm. But, I think between the IA units, media attention given to incidents, publicly elected judges and DAs, and evidence captured on camera/mic, WE, as a citizen body, get things more right than we do wrong when it comes to handling the bad apples with a badge.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

gigag04 wrote:I think the "thin blue line" is less tolerant of "dirty cops" than it has ever been before.

I'm sure in the pendulum of LEO opinion, some are too quick to condemn and some are too quick to condone certain behaviors. This is likely because of the lens with which we study the incidents...Call it one's worldview or paradigm. But, I think between the IA units, media attention given to incidents, publicly elected judges and DAs, and evidence captured on camera/mic, WE, as a citizen body, get things more right than we do wrong when it comes to handling the bad apples with a badge.
I totally agree with this.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The problem with police conduct now starts at the top and works it's way down. It's refreshing to see a department respond like SAPD did in this case. Police misconduct can only be dealt with when command and prosecutors and politicians take appropriate action. When command is rotten, rotten officers are going to thrive. It's true for any business too....when management is bad the organization is generally bad.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”