Icelandic cops shoot/kill for first time in countrys history

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Icelandic cops shoot/kill for first time in countrys history

Post by n5wd »

Can you imagine that there's a country where the cops have never before had to shoot and kill someone?

That string of history has ended in Iceland, with first police shooting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... amily.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

texanjoker

Re: Icelandic cops shoot/kill for first time in countrys his

Post by texanjoker »

Putz was shooting at unarmed cops..
Two policemen, who were not armed, were shot at when trying to enter the gunman's apartment.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

Well, although I feel for the family, he was shooting at police...unarmed ones at that. It is surprising that police have never had to shoot someone before. I would imagine that is due to them being indoors quite a bit, police that don't usually carry guns, apart from the small squad that are authorized to do so, and the small population of the country. Their entire population qualifies as a small city in the US...

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

All right!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

gthaustex wrote:Well, although I feel for the family, he was shooting at police...unarmed ones at that. It is surprising that police have never had to shoot someone before. I would imagine that is due to them being indoors quite a bit, police that don't usually carry guns, apart from the small squad that are authorized to do so, and the small population of the country. Their entire population qualifies as a small city in the US...
I was stationed in Iceland for two years about a decade ago. Most of the crime there is small stuff like theft (not robbery), fights between drunks, that sort of thing. As you say, very small population, and pretty homogenous, as well, though that is very slowly changing.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”