thumbs up to my local sherrif's dept

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

thumbs up to my local sherrif's dept

Post by GlockDude26 »

I just want to make a shout out to our local sherrif's office here in cypress. long story short i was in the waiting room of my dr's office about 10 mins away from the house when my phone app for my house alarm popped up saying the house alarm was going off. had the security company send the police out and before I got home i got a call from the local office. I told them the situation and gave them a description of myself and to please let the responding leo's know about my chl and that i was carrying. the response time was maybe 15 mins although I was there shortly before. I also made sure and told the first officer on the scene when he got there and he thanked me for letting dispatch know and that any units in route would be notified and not to worry. he even told me don't worry about putting my hands in my jacket pockets just away from my hip and he'd do the same ;-) they cleared the house quickly and thank the man upstairs it was a false alarm! we have had a major problem with break ins and vehicle vandalism over the last year so needless to say my blood was flowing for sure. i was surely awake after that and it's been a pretty boring day afterwards :thumbs2:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: thumbs up to my local sherrif's dept

Post by jmra »

Glad everything turned out ok.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

Glad it was a false alarm. What area are you in? Was it Harris County Sheriffs Department, or constables who responded?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Texas LEOs. :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Another Deep East Texas RedNeck that is not surprized. About like around here too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

So, why did you tell the alarm company that you had a CHL and were armed? Inquiring minds....

Topic author
GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockDude26 »

Oldgringo wrote:So, why did you tell the alarm company that you had a CHL and were armed? Inquiring minds....
I didn't I told the dispatcher for the sherrifs dept that called me. I believe it was Harris county for the other question
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”