What exactly is this? DHS police unit

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

What exactly is this? DHS police unit

Post by powerboatr »

Friend sent me this picture, but I can make out the state the other cars are from.
But seeing DHS POLICE car gives me the willlliiiees
Attachments
hhs police.jpg
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What exactly is this? DHS police unit

Post by jmra »

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

thanks
i am even more concerned
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I saw a mess of them in Louisiana after Katrina. I believe they were policing the FEMA camps.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

There is one of those parked up the street from our house everyday. Guy in my neighborhood drives it home everyday! Never met the guy much less talked to him. Maybe I should make it a point to chat him up and see what he actually does.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

I work at a facility leased by the Air Force. Either these guys or Security Police are on the gate. As I recall though, while their patch says Federal Protective Service I don't think it says DHS. I'll check next time I see one.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

jmorris wrote:
I work at a facility leased by the Air Force. Either these guys or Security Police are on the gate. As I recall though, while their patch says Federal Protective Service I don't think it says DHS. I'll check next time I see one.

They are under the vast arm of DHS. Their mission unless it's changed and a lot have, are to guard federal buildings and the such. I worked with them during the wild fires in 03 and they had some neat gadgets.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

powerboatr wrote:
thanks
i am even more concerned
You must live in a real small town that doesn't have any federal buildings. FPS Police guard the federal office building in downtown Fort Worth, the federal court house, the federal GSA depot in south Fort Worth, etc. Would have expected them to guard the Treasury Dept. printing plant in Fort Worth (where they print paper money), but Treasury Dept. has their own Police.

How's that for giving you the willies?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

E10

Post by E10 »

n5wd wrote:How's that for giving you the willies?
Want more willies? The Dept of Education has its own SWAT Team.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

"....Treasury Dept. printing plant in Fort Worth (where they print paper money)."

Let me tell all y'all about this place.

Prior to about 1980's, all US paper currency was printed at BPE (Bureau of Printing and Engraving) on 14th St. in Washington, DC.
After a plane crash in DC, BPE realized that if a disaster ever hit their DC plant, the printing of US paper currency would cease.

So they decided that there should be a 2nd US plant to print paper currency. About 18 US cities vied for the honor of hosting
this plant. Las Vegas, NV was one of them. But eventually Fort Worth was chosen.

Initially DC thought that Fort Worth would have <nn> % of the printing load. But since Fort Worth has state of the art printing
presses, and plenty of capacity, Fort Worth now prints 60% of all US paper currency.

Carefully examine your paper currency. Somewhere in the small print will be the letters "FW", meaning that Fort Worth produced
the bills. If there is no "FW" present, then the bill was printed in DC. But since the FW plant is here, it would be rare for Texans
to get any brand new DC bills. Some of the other codes in small characters reflect the particular machine on which the money
was printed.

The plant has multiple fences around it and many armed LEO's. They carry Sig Sauers. The plant visit is free, but since this is
a federal facility, you may not carry on your person, and you can't even leave your guns in the car in the parking lot. If you
take this interesting tour, leave your guns at home. The plant is just off I-35W in North Fort Worth, IIRC it's on/near FM156.

Over and out.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EEllis »

n5wd wrote:
powerboatr wrote:
thanks
i am even more concerned
You must live in a real small town that doesn't have any federal buildings. FPS Police guard the federal office building in downtown Fort Worth, the federal court house, the federal GSA depot in south Fort Worth, etc. Would have expected them to guard the Treasury Dept. printing plant in Fort Worth (where they print paper money), but Treasury Dept. has their own Police.

Don't forget the SS offices

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

E10 wrote: Want more willies? The Dept of Education has its own SWAT Team.
Yeah, to bad that isn't true. The Office of the inspector general of the department of education does have law enforcement personnel but that does not extend to a swat team regardless of some of the absurd press.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

EEllis wrote:
n5wd wrote:
powerboatr wrote:
thanks
i am even more concerned

Don't forget the SS offices

They have armed contract security here in Austin at the SS office.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

texanjoker wrote: They have armed contract security here in Austin at the SS office.
Yes but that is also done thru FPS and ultimately FPS is responsible for the security. You will often see the homeland Security units parked there.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:"....Treasury Dept. printing plant in Fort Worth (where they print paper money)."

Let me tell all y'all about this place.
[snip]

Carefully examine your paper currency. Somewhere in the small print will be the letters "FW", meaning that Fort Worth produced the bills. If there is no "FW" present, then the bill was printed in DC. But since the FW plant is here, it would be rare for Texans to get any brand new DC bills. Some of the other codes in small characters reflect the particular machine on which the money was printed.

[/snip]
All of my money says "Made in China" on it. Or maybe it says "Property of China," small print, old eyes. :biggrinjester:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”