First LEO Encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First LEO Encounter

Post by jmra »

Excaliber wrote:I think you handled this perfectly.

You anticipated the fact that you were armed could become known as you worked closely together - and it did.

Since you had already shown that was OK, the officers didn't need to investigate further.

I seriously doubt you would have been jacked up or cavity searched if you hadn't offered the info up front but you successfully avoided a potentially awkward moment.

Kudos on your good judgement and an equally suitable outcome.
:iagree: good judgement, good outcome.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

iom

Post by iom »

I think you handled it perfectly. I would've done the same thing. Moving people / things around and the possibility of the shirt coming up, I'd want them to know ahead of time. If we're just standing around shoot'n the breeze, I wouldn't have told them.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I think you did the right thing as well. It does not hurt anything whatsoever and avoids possible accidental flash or printing. The officer is there helping your family, and from one good guy to another it's a simple courtesy to let him know. I would have done the same.

So glad your family members were ok!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Topic author
Pecos
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Pecos »

Thanks for the replies & kind word everone!
We were all there for quit a while & I didnt tell them untill I found out theye were going to be lifting stuff with me. while we were standing around I didnt say anything. they were like it was no big deal. :-)
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Pecos wrote:Thanks for the replies & kind word everone!
We were all there for quit a while & I didnt tell them untill I found out theye were going to be lifting stuff with me. while we were standing around I didnt say anything. they were like it was no big deal. :-)
That's because it wasn't any big deal to true professional good guys.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Excaliber wrote:
Pecos wrote:Thanks for the replies & kind word everone!
That's because it wasn't any big deal to true professional good guys.
What he said :iagree:

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

CHLLady wrote:I think you did the right thing as well. It does not hurt anything whatsoever and avoids possible accidental flash or printing. The officer is there helping your family, and from one good guy to another it's a simple courtesy to let him know. I would have done the same.

So glad your family members were ok!
:iagree:
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

I would have done the same.

In fact I had a break-in that I reported a few years ago where the Deputy was going to ride down to my place from the road on the back of my 4-wheeler. I made sure to have the conversation before he got on :shock:

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Having been on the other side of the badge at one time, I believe I can state that most officers don’t like surprises.

Don’t make them nervous. It’s not a good idea. :nono:
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I think that Pecos did just fine. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”